Are Woolies Deleting Home Brew Category?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rendo

WTF
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been to two woolies tonight, Lane Cove and Norbrik(Norwest, Baulko Hills) and they had clearance specials on the entire home brew range. The specials werent that great, just a few dollars off, I was hoping it'd be half price :) Anyway...

I wonder if woolies are deleting the homebrew lines too??? I hope not.

Lets hope that BIGW keep on stocking the kits...

Rendo

Our local Woolies is revamping the food section to look more attractive and the homebrew has all but disappeared no cheap clearance bargains though, maybe next week.

I hope not. The LHBS will be drooling and smelling blood if woolies pull out.

thats' exactly what I am thinking........

Lets hope BIGW keeps it up....

ANyhow fellas, check out ya woolies next week...I hope they arent deleting the lines like coles did

I hope not. The LHBS will be drooling and smelling blood if woolies pull out.

The woolies in Scoresby had a sale on brew kits etc a couple months ago but I noticed they are still stocking beer kits as I walked past the other day. If coles have pulled the pin it may only be a matter of time until it happens at woolies.

My local Coles did the whole clearance thing when it last happened -

Now still fully stocked and has been ever since

haven't noticed any change at the local WW.

My thinking is they are clearing out nealy expired stuff and replentishing with fresh cans.

My 2c

Cheers

Guess they're not just making room for 25kg bags of base malt then?

The woolies in Scoresby had a sale on brew kits etc a couple months ago but I noticed they are still stocking beer kits as I walked past the other day. If coles have pulled the pin it may only be a matter of time until it happens at woolies.

Was just up at Woolies Scoresby and all home brew items are on clearance sale. Looks likes it's the end of the road for the beer kits at Woolies. It'd be nice if it was to make room for the Weyermann range of products :D

Let's not panic, guys. I'm sure this is a time of year when all manufacturers wish to make their products a little more visible - sales are one way to do this. Let's wait a bit and see if they sky has, in fact, fallen.

I Hope ur right Bum, but it isnt on sale, its on 'clearance'......usually once the item hits 'Clearance' its a goner

rendo

Let's not panic, guys. I'm sure this is a time of year when all manufacturers wish to make their products a little more visible - sales are one way to do this. Let's wait a bit and see if they sky has, in fact, fallen.

I was last at the local Woolies (Wyndham Vale, Vic) about 4 weeks ago.
I did a few laps looking for the homebrew section and could not find it anywhere :(

Latest posts

Back