Application for homebrewers : iBrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is interesting.
Well, as we find right formulas we will insert it in next releases.

I think it is good for those who don't want to waste water for chilling.
Is it a common method in Australia?

Yes it's a very common method in Australia, being one of the driest continents on the planet.

The option to email recipes will certainly do for now but I look forward to future XML support.

Thanks for listening to our needs Ibrewer.

Hello IBrewer,
The step mash directions for protein rests are in Italian.

If you put in a step mash of say 55c the directions below are in Italian.

For any other temps they are in English. No big deal really but you might want to fix it.

Having fun playing around with the app and so far I like it.

Dear Truman,

we will immediately fix it. Thank you so much and sorry for the inconvenience.

Customer's satisfaction is our #1 rule. Otherwise, I would not be here :)

Important: next monday, 29th April , will be our "Beer Monday" : iBrewer will be half-price :beer:

I don't think we'll do it again. Our app is already cheap if compared with competitors.

Thank you ! :)

ibrewer said:
Important: next monday, 29th April , will be our "Beer Monday" : iBrewer will be half-price :beer:

I don't think we'll do it again. Our app is already cheap if compared with competitors.

Thank you ! :)
Now you tell me... :)

You're right...
Next time you'll come in Italy I'll offer you a beer. My beer of course:
it's a Honey Lager. Hope you like it :D

At half price I would jump on board if you have an Iphone or Ipad.

It has quite an extensive list of malts available and the abiliy to add your own makes this a great app. You can also add water salts etc too.

A few minor issues though.

1. When you go into a created recipe and choose ingredients> malts and then select a malt it shows the SRM, OG and quantity of that malt but doesnt list the malt at the top. A minor issue, but you would have to go back if you werent quite sure which malt you were looking at/adjusting.

2. As far as I can see you cant edit a recipe already created and change malts, hops quantities etc. When you click on edit all you can change is the name, volume and efficiency. Often we need to change the malts or their quantities, same with hops. (apolgies if this is possible, but i am unable to find how to do it)

3. Do alarms go of for hop adjustments or do they just turn green? I had a 60 min boil with a 60 min hop addition and when i started the boil timer the hop addition turned green. An alarm would be better.

4. Rather than enter litres in pot and litres in fermenter it would be better if the user just added a brew length (total litres of beer to bottle/keg etc) and then your app used formulas to calculate original water volume, sparge volume etc. Of course you would then require the user to enter details such as evaporation rates, grain absorption rate, losses to kettle trub and losses to fermenter etc etc. Bu this would be inline with what other brewing software curently does.

Anyway some ideas for futue updates.

Truman, if you continue like this, I should insert your name in the "info" > " Edited by " screen of the app :)

Here are my answers:

1) You selected that specific malt just 2 seconds before. Don't you remember it ? Just tap again. It will takes other 2 seconds. I know, time is money. Anyway, we could consider it for next releases :)

2) It is always possible to change everything you need. Just come back to ingredients and change what you need.

3) The alert is expected. Now we control again. If it doesn't work, we immediatly fix it.

4) Everybody has a different way to brew: we preferred not to calculate those volumes because it could help somebody but not everybody. Anyway, In the "filtering" part there is the wort absorption in grains (and in next release there will be a help for BIAB too), there is the evaporation rates (of course you can change the default value) and other technical tools, results of years of homebrewing.

Most of all, everybody can write notes and take photos in every single brewing step, so you can customize your beer production.
Everyone brews in a different way, and this is what makes this hobby so charming.

Thanks for your interest, really.
For further technical questions please contact us at [email protected] .

I remind everybody that next monday our app will be at half price.

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew! :)

Post Scriptum: The alarm works well, just put the app in standby.
We don't think you'll be watching the screen for 60 minutes.. :)

Mate I still can't see how to remove or change an ingredient. I went into recipes, selected my recipe, clicked on ingredients, malts, and if I select a malt already added all I can change is the arm, oh and quantity. I can add a new malt but cannot remove an existing one.

Can you delete and existing addition and insert a new one?

Truman, try tapping the screen where there is the Malt, from left to the right (keep your finger on the screen while you are moving it).
It is the same thing you do when you open the iPhone an you "slide to unlock" . Let me know :)

Bum, of course you can. The way is the same.

I would have assumed so. I was just making a point for Truman's sake.

Thanks for answering. Good luck with your venture.

ibrewer said:
Truman, try tapping the screen where there is the Malt, from left to the right (keep your finger on the screen while you are moving it).
It is the same thing you do when you open the iPhone an you "slide to unlock" . Let me know :)

Bum, of course you can. The way is the same.
HA Ha..You mean swipe to delete. Yes of course. That worked. Thanks, should have thought to try that as its the standard deleting function on most lists within apps.

You would sell more product if it was available on android!

ibrewer said:
Wbosher, we thought about the inventory, but maybe it is not so practical..
If we receive others suggestions about it, we will insert it in next releases, so it will be free for who has already bought the app.
That's the meaning of what I wrote before : asking your opinions for improving, not for testing :)
The good thing with BeerSmith having your inventory is you can restrict ingredient lists to "what I have in stock". Makes it very easy to add by stuff you have on hand.

Having said that I never seem to keep my inventory in Beersmith matched 100% to reality even when it has a "remove from inventory" feature per recipe...

Latest posts

Back