Anyone Using Brewfather?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next brew I will have it setup so brewfather can send the mash and boil profile straight to the smart pid. Thomas and Davide have got it working quite well.

It would be great to "push" from BrewFather to the smart PID and other controllers but I assume you mean export and import? How did it go? I am considering buying the smart PID for my robo35.

Cheers

How do you find the smartPID? We have not seen anyone use this with a digiboil as far as I am aware but it would be good to get your opinion on this. Have not had the chance to try the smartPID myself.
It works Fantastic! However people really need to read the instructions and it does need a bit of customising. But not the level of programming the other devices like Raspberry PI need cheers

I've got one in my guten, there's a retro fit kit for these sv brew vessels. The unit works very well. I had trouble keeping my mash temp close to the set point, 2-3c either side, now it's .2-.3c either side.

I like the wifi as well, as my brew area is not near the house and with a quick look at the app on my phone I can see exactly what's going on. Next brew I will have it setup so brewfather can send the mash and boil profile straight to the smart pid. Thomas and Davide have got it working quite well.
It works very well - I have them on my 3 v system as well. I had similar problem to you and discovered that you have to manually adjust the parameters to stop it overshooting or not reaching temperature.
I use that auto loading the recipe function all the time and it works great!
Also I discovered that you can delete the redundant mash steps in the recipe without causing harm! Thx Thomas!
And finally adding Whirlpool hops and all of that are covered as well!
Pretty cool that you can then hand the recipe over to a SmartPID controlled fermentation chamber and load the correct fermentation profile as well!
The Brewfather/SmartPID combo is far more cleverer than I ;)
It is really good stuff if you read and understand it all first.
Thx Davide & Thomas!

On their FB site SmartPID have made public the wiring diagram for using a single SmartPID to control a 3 vessel system.
I used this diagram after asking Davide about wiring two Smartpids together.
Pretty cool if you want to use the automation in Brewfather!
So for about $200 au you can control a 3 vessel system from a tablet!

Attachments

• F59FAD39-A29E-4B07-9F4E-814FF60444F1.jpeg
    F59FAD39-A29E-4B07-9F4E-814FF60444F1.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 121
It would be great to "push" from BrewFather to the smart PID and other controllers but I assume you mean export and import? How did it go? I am considering buying the smart PID for my robo35.

Cheers

I’m running the SmartPID on my Robobrew and I love it.

I often set up the day before so when I finish work I can start the recipe from my phone via Brewfather and it is ready to mash in when I get home. Once I mash in I can be doing other things and monitor it on my phone.

Have just started to play around with Brewfather and I seem to be getting different mash pH estimates between brewfather and Bru N Water. Has anyone else noticed this or have I missed something?

I’m running the SmartPID on my Robobrew and I love it.

I often set up the day before so when I finish work I can start the recipe from my phone via Brewfather and it is ready to mash in when I get home. Once I mash in I can be doing other things and monitor it on my phone.

Hey @Tilz - any chance you could give me some more info on how you set up the smartPID with the Robobrew and how this benefits your brews? I’ve been considering doing the exact same thing but don’t know
a) how difficult it will be to set up
b) whether it is actually worth it
PM me if you like - don’t want to derail this thread unnecessarily.
Cheers for your help!

Does the brewfather works with the grainfather controller?

Is there a current coupon for the premium version?

I have the premium and I like it, in saying that it is the only one I've used so I have nothing to compare it to. Others have already mentioned the syncing but I just wanted to say thos can not be over stated, I use quite a few devices, laptop, tablet and phone and if I have it open on my laptop make a few changes to a recipe but leave it open as soon as I open another device it is exactly as I left it on the last one, I think that is awesome.

after BS, i give Brewfather a go.
Really impressed the operation compared to the old looking BS format.
so i bought it, & now use it on pc, iphone ipad etc.
i don’t think i’ll go back to BS.
Bri

Latest posts

Back