• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Anyone Have A Spare Beer Out Post?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
One of my kegs has a dented beer out post and isn't holding a seal. It works fine when you have a beer disconnect connected as the leak is just around the poppet valve. I've been using it by screwing onto an already carbed keg and hooking up the disconnect and then the gas but I want to fix it.

Paying $15-20 for just a beer out post seems a bit over the top for me. I was thinking maybe someone had a spare one they'd sell cheap or swap for some other item they need, otherwise I may just buy another keg when I see a cheap one pop up and use it for spare parts etc.

Have you tried replacing the poppet valve?

It's not the poppet, basically you know the hole the poppet pushes up against how it's round? Well this one has a little nick out of it so gas leaks out around the poppet.

It just fizzles out slowly hence there's no problem when a beer out disconnect is connected to the post.

I honestly think that $20.00 to resurrect a keg is well worth it.

No offence to anyone, but AHB members are a bit on the tight ass side, like a fishes bum hole and thats water tight. :lol:

It's not the poppet, basically you know the hole the poppet pushes up against how it's round? Well this one has a little nick out of it so gas leaks out around the poppet.

It just fizzles out slowly hence there's no problem when a beer out disconnect is connected to the post.

Silver solder & a good cleaup.

T

I've had a similar issue with a beer out post. Just a miniscule leak. Get some food grade lube on it and it seems to do the job. Even try Vaseline if you don't have any.

Cheers

Why not buy a barbed disconnect and a bronco and leave it on the keg. And when that keg is not in use/empty you have a spare disconnect and tap?

Cheers

I honestly think that $20.00 to resurrect a keg is well worth it.

No offence to anyone, but AHB members are a bit on the tight ass side, like a fishes bum hole and that's water tight. :lol:

Hey, I represent that remark!

Pete, that is a great suggestion, although what is the price of a stick of silver solder say 40%?

Wouldn't have a clue gregs but I've always had plenty. :)
Lead-free solder would be just as good. Even ordinary solder would do at a pinch. How much lead could there possibly be in a tiny knick like that?

T

I'm not really a solderer. I'm not really a tight arse either, I mean like I said I would easily pay for a $50 keg when it comes up as it's not urgent, and then I have a beer post ($15), gas post ($15), lid (??$), two poppet valves (??$) and a keg chassis. Oh and a pressure relief valve. That way if some other minor thing goes wrong with a keg I should be covered with that.

Reason I made this thread is I know some people have used kegs for HERMS and other such things and thought someone may have one laying around. No biggy.

Latest posts

Back