• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Anyone Got A Bottle Of Murrays Anniversary Ale 1 For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Last night I received a message from my brother that my family in Coffs had really enjoyed the bottle of Murrays Anniversary Ale that they had cracked the other night. Whilst I normally appreciate such feedback, the background to this is that I moved to England 8 weeks ago and had asked my family to hold onto my bottles of Anniversary Ales 1, 2 3, and 4 until I can get them. Of course it turns out that they've hooked into the oldest and probably rarest of the bunch - Anniversary Ale 1. Obviously I'm not too happy about the situation, but at least they enjoyed it.

So I'm scratching around to see if I can track down another bottle. I'm happy to pay, however a more interesting proposition would be to do a swap for something rare in Australia. Whilst I don't have anything rare at the moment, I had picked up a bottle of Duvel's Triple Hop several months ago at the London Borough Markets. The markets are accessible enough for me so I'll try and have a quick look on tomorrow morning.

So I'm sure that I can get something suitably unique as a swap, but does anyone have an AA1 which they are willing to part with? We could do the swap in mid-Jan as I'm catching up with some mates then.

Cheers,

Rukh.

PS. By brew gear lands in England in the middle of January so hopefully it won't be too long after that before I get to brew again. I'll need to have a look at water chemistry information again given the hard water here in London.

I just thought of another angle which I'd have to discuss with mates before I can offer 100%...

If someone (with a bottle of Murrays AA1) is interested in buying a beer engine, perhaps I can arrange to get the beer engine back to Sydney in exchange for the beer? ie, You would buy the beer engine and get it sent to me. This would save you a lot of money in shipping fees.

Again, I'd have to speak to a few people about the logistics of this before firming up this offer.

Sucks mate to be had like that. My first impulse would be remove the rest of the bottles before they get accidentally drunk as well. Other from the advice of get the bottles away from boozie family I can not help you.

Sucks mate to be had like that. My first impulse would be remove the rest of the bottles before they get accidentally drunk as well. Other from the advice of get the bottles away from boozie family I can not help you.

Thanks for sharing my pain. :)

I guess that I can count myself lucky that I'd found out about it before they necked the rest of them!

They now have explicit instructions to keep the AA's (and a bottle of Hennessy Paradis) to one side.

bugger mate. ive got one bottle but am keeping it for the birth of my first born. if it had of been a 2 id happily offer you one of those.

bugger mate. ive got one bottle but am keeping it for the birth of my first born. if it had of been a 2 id happily offer you one of those.

Barls - Thanks. I appreciate the sentiment.

Everyone - I've had a quick look at Utobeer at London Borough Markets and they've got a heap of stuff (esp English/Belgian Christmas ales) that you can't get in Aus. In regards to more unique bottles, I saw the following:

(bottles are 750ml unless otherwise stated)
Victory Saison
Dark Island Reserve
Jolly Pumpkin Farmhouse Ale
Jolly Pumpkin la Roja artisan amber
Goose Island's Night Stalker, Bourbon County Coffee, Bourbon County Vanilla and Christmas Ale (2009 and 2010?)
Great Divide's Oak Aged and Expresso Oak Aged stouts
Moylans Hopsickle
Left Hand Goosinator
Green Flash's le Freak, Tripel and Grand Cru
Harviestoun Ola Dubh agend in 16 years, 30 years? and 40 year old barrels. These bottles are around 200ml.
Brew Dog's Abstrakt 1, 2 and 3. These are 375 ml.
Alvinne Mano Negra Oak Aged 375ml
Stone's Old Guardian, Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, Imperial Russian Stout and Smoked Porter.
Fullers Vintage Ale (some are a few years old)
Christmas ales from St Bernardus, Goudon Carolus, Gordon and Chouffe (N'ice).

Again, there are a heap of other English/German/Belgian and USA beers if anyone is interested in doing a swap. I'm happy to try and source other beers if you had a particular beer in mind.

Cheers,

Rukh.

Is there something you are not telling us mate? You might be waiting a while, who knows hwo many daughters you will have first lol.

not yet, besides i never stated which sex it will be, i just said first born. i heard that you were volunteer number 1 to help me brew if i end up getting surgery on my knee or shoulder.

not yet, besides i never stated which sex it will be, i just said first born. i heard that you were volunteer number 1 to help me brew if i end up getting surgery on my knee or shoulder.
LOL my mistake I read it quickly as first son lol. Well get ccking, that beer is 5 years into its ten year expected lifespan.

Who told you that? Sounds like fun though. Can't the doctor tell if he is looking at a knee or shoulder, time for a new doctor I think :p

hey mate we have the best veterinary students at work ;)
they still have to decide if they are bad enough for surgery. bugger i was so close to being out too.

Sorry Rukh.

Whisked away in it's infancy... no chance to say goodbye. No closure.

UMMMMM?????

298749_2261775699489_1101331309_32776264_4027535_n.jpg

UMMMMM?????

Actually I bought this one from the Taylors Arm Hotel (AKA The Pub With No BEER!!) when I was working there upgrading their telephone exchange. Stayed in the pub rooms and had a schooner of every beer they had on tap. Last one I had was the Grand Cru, nice nightcap, IU'll let you know, I slept well that night.
Pretty sure the barmaids name was Tracey, (don't be upset babe if I'm wrong, you did get me very pissed :p )
So, I bought a bottle of their First Aniversary Ale :D

UMMMMM?????

Wow - you've done some digging around to find this thread! Thanks for the offer, however I was able to sort something out with Josh.

It almost went pear-shaped though when my mum (who's storing the collection at an undisclosed location :p ) dropped a crate with Anniversary Ales 1-5 in them. Hopefully they'll settle down over the 18 months+ before I get back to Aus and get to taste them.

Well worth perusing, we had a vertical tasting on the 29 Feb Murrays Anniversary 1-6 all in a row, quite a night.
There wasnt a bad beer in there, A-1 and A-6 were the standouts for me, A-4 was a bit of a departure from the rest of them, Champagne like carbonation really brought the vanilla and other Oak characters to the front, A-6 will I believe be one of the truly great beers if you have the opportunity to grab any do it.
If you are lucky enough to have an A-1 for gods sake dont sell it (except to me) treasure it, it still has plenty of life in it and is developing deep complex sherry and vanilla notes over an almost plum pudding like body. A truly great beer!
Mark

Well worth perusing, we had a vertical tasting on the 29 Feb Murrays Anniversary 1-6 all in a row, quite a night.
There wasnt a bad beer in there, A-1 and A-6 were the standouts for me, A-4 was a bit of a departure from the rest of them, Champagne like carbonation really brought the vanilla and other Oak characters to the front, A-6 will I believe be one of the truly great beers if you have the opportunity to grab any do it.
If you are lucky enough to have an A-1 for gods sake dont sell it (except to me) treasure it, it still has plenty of life in it and is developing deep complex sherry and vanilla notes over an almost plum pudding like body. A truly great beer!
Mark

~drool~ thanks for the write-up. I'll have to start hunting for AA6 - plus more of the earlier ones!.

Mark

IMG_8586.JPG

Back