Anyone else going down to Alehouse for Stone Brewing Tap Takeover?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No because once again Sydney gets screwed over by them

SWMBO depending i think i will make this one

Yeah I'm hoping to get down after playing footy. Hopefully there's some beer left by the time I get there

Anyone else go to this yesterday?

I was at the Alehouse from about 6:30 to 9ish. The beers were pretty pricey, between $7.50 and $12 for a pot, but it was great to try some of their different stuff. I went to the brewery in Escondido in 2010 but that was right as I was starting to appreciate and discover good beer so I was kind of going in blind. Last night was a good chance to taste some classics again, like Ruination and Arrogant *******, as well as some different one like their Cali-Belgique IPA which I really enjoyed. Even got to meet the man himself, although I didn't want to chew his ear off as I'm sure there were many beer nerds prepared to ear bash him for the rest of the night, especially with a belly full of Double ******* and Barleywine! Just a quick handshake, photo and done.

Was going to head to the Alehouse, post footy. But my mate I was going with pulled out, ended up going to the game with my pregnant wife - and subsequently going home to a selection of top-notch crafties that I'd purchased earlier in the day.

Sounds like I would have spent a fortune…. lol.

Was it packed?

Yeah it was pretty full but it is only a small place after all. When I got there they had the area next door sectioned off, not sure what for but when I left there were people in there. Each trip back to the bar probably meant a 5 minute wait for drinks.

Headed down there at lunch time - couldn't stay long but had an IPA, Self Righteous Black IPA and Ruination IPA. All very good .

Latest posts

Back