Anyone else doing crafty brew advent calander ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
Got an early Xmas present from the mother in law late last week. Looking forward to seeing what's lurking in there. Got the day 1 beer waiting for me at home.

I've got the beer cartel one this year

Unbeknownst to me, the missus got me the Beer Cartel one. Arrived today. Currently chilling Day 1 - BrewDog's Punk IPA :beerbang:

Having beer 1 now. 5 barrel brewing Christmas ale

Really interesting. Lots of clove and anise

Just moved to the gong and hadn't heard of these guys. Gonna have to go check their brewery out.

mongey said:
Having beer 1 now. 5 barrel brewing Christmas ale

Really interesting. Lots of clove and anise

Just moved to the gong and hadn't heard of these guys. Gonna have to go check their brewery out.
I've had a few of their beers, wee heavy and a saison.

The wee heavy was delicious.

Me and 23 other blokes (friends, and friends of friends, and their friends) made a Facebook group and chose a beer each, ordered 24 cartons online and have made our own! Ended up $70 each.

Day one is Rocks brewing co Hangman Pale ale. Pretty standard craft pale ale. Bit of earthy hop character on the nose which is nice

mtb said:
Unbeknownst to me, the missus got me the Beer Cartel one. Arrived today. Currently chilling Day 1 - BrewDog's Punk IPA :beerbang:
mine was mornington brewing pale ale.

barls said:
mine was mornington brewing pale ale.
Under that mornington pale ale is a punk ipa - small cans, I almost didn't notice..

I've got the booze bud one. Two birds sunset yesterday and fixation IPA right now.

Beer 2 red hill scotch ale.

I'm not that big fan of scotch ales. It was def one of the better ones.

may as well keep going

3 was Exit brewing schopsh - wins cool label award with a sean cconnery /terminator thing. tasy beer . apparantly some sctoch ale twist , tasted like a more refined YH hop ale to me, which is my Fav YH beer so I was good with it .

4 red hill wheat beer - I had a long phase of loving wheat beer up until a year so so ago. kind of overdosed, and can leave it more than take it at the moment . but it was a good one . a little sasion'y in twang

5 - is for tonight but its riverside 77 IPA. I am extremely familair with their 777 IIPA .I have probably drank 100 long necks of it over the last couple years ,and thats a consertitive estimate . Have had the 77 a few times and its a great beer also .will go down good tonight

Latest posts

Back