Anyone Brewed Any Of Zamil Zainasheff's Recipes ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cube'd a dry stout similar to his recipe in brewing classic styles book.

the %'s are slightly out as its going from Extract toAG and a different efficiency but the general gist is there.

Even if you do replicate the recipe, without brewing it under the same conditions its going to turn out completly different anyway.

I find Jamils recipe to be quite sound style-wise and are always a good building block for me to form my own recipes. This would have to be the 1st beer ive made of his that doesnt have a big fourstar twist on it.

time will tell if the hard work was worth it!

Just cube'd a dry stout similar to his recipe in brewing classic styles book.

the %'s are slightly out as its going from Extract toAG and a different efficiency but the general gist is there.

Even if you do replicate the recipe, without brewing it under the same conditions its going to turn out completly different anyway.

I find Jamils recipe to be quite sound style-wise and are always a good building block for me to form my own recipes. This would have to be the 1st beer ive made of his that doesnt have a big fourstar twist on it.

time will tell if the hard work was worth it!

Yes Fourstar ,

Jamils recipes seem uncomplicated and a great book to reference all the styles in one book, it good how he explains what it should taste like .

Pumpy

Guys in the book when British pale ale malt is required is MO the same thing?

My sweet stout is based on his recipe from The Jamil Show- though I changed the hops because of what I had in the freezer- it's quite tasty.

I brewed his Belgian blonde a little while ago and have had several of the brewclub members comment on how good it is. A real easy drinker (even using T58 dry yeast).

Yes Fourstar ,
Jamils recipes seem uncomplicated and a great book to reference all the styles in one book, it good how he explains what it should taste like .
Pumpy

Agreed,

He also seems to explain what majorty of the grain/malt is doing in the beer as well, rather than you having to work it out once you have brewed it.

te quickest way for a newb to begin identifying grain/hop/yeast flavours/aromas

Really rate this book - have brewed over 10 recipes (german wheat and rye, american ales, stouts, IPAs, california common and more) - and everyone has turned out great!

The major annoyance I have is the use of 'victory' malt, especially in the american ales - of which there isn't a perfect substitute available in australia - so its impossible to follow the recipe to the T....

That said - I have subbed amber malt - but need to limit the amount to keep the EBCs under control - and the description/end flavour is a bit different too. Others have suggested brown, but this is even less idea IMO.

Brewing more of the german lagers and light hybrid beers - will update.

Really rate this book - have brewed over 10 recipes (german wheat and rye, american ales, stouts, IPAs, california common and more) - and everyone has turned out great!

The major annoyance I have is the use of 'biscuit' malt, especially in the american ales - of which there isn't a perfect substitute available in australia - so its impossible to follow the recipe to the T....

That said - I have subbed amber malt - but need to limit the amount to keep the EBCs under control - and the description/end flavour is a bit different too. Others have suggested brown, but this is even less idea IMO.

Brewing more of the german lagers and light hybrid beers - will update.

there isn't a perfect substitute for biscuit? what about the dingemanns biscuit malt?

Cheers
Phil

my bad - Victory malt... meant to say victory malt. biscuit was another potential sub.... Opps..

its only recently that some of the Digemanns malts have been widely available - BCS recipes will be just a little easier to use now that we can access biscuit and special B etc

Latest posts

Back