• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Anymore Hop Rhizomes For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastdrinks

Reaction score
Looking forward to starting up a small hop garden this year at my my home. Hoping to pick up some Hallertau, goldings and columbus rhizomes. Is there anyone one out there that can spare some of those rhizomes? I am happyy to pay a fair price. PM me if anyone can help out, i am in melbourne and happy to pickup or deposit cash for mailed rhizomes. cheers

i dunno if its any help for you but on ebay they had pretty much all these rhizomes when i had a look tonight.

In my experience, goldings is hard to grow in Aus, though you are a tad south of myself. For Hallertau I only have Hersbruker, and mine is very different to the German grown stuff, I mean entirely different, more like a lemon-citrus American hop. Columbus... this is another story, and will go gangbusters and give you roughly what you expect.

I apologise, but I doubt that I will be dividing my rhizomes this year.

I suggest that if you decide to get into the ebay hops, do so now, before the prices go ballistic (if they do this year).

Looking forward to starting up a small hop garden this year at my my home. Hoping to pick up some Hallertau, goldings and columbus rhizomes. Is there anyone one out there that can spare some of those rhizomes? I am happyy to pay a fair price. PM me if anyone can help out, i am in melbourne and happy to pickup or deposit cash for mailed rhizomes. cheers
Hallertau
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HALLERTAU-MITTELFRU...=item2c548930b3

Goldings
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GOLDINGS-Hop-Rhizom...=item4aa1201370

Columbus
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/COLUMBUS-Hop-Rhizom...=item4aa1201ac4

I bought a Chinook rhizome off the goldings and columbus seller last year, very healthy, took off like a rocket once planted, didn't yield much though maybe 200g dry, hopefully get a lot more this year.

Thanks for the advice. now watching a few on ebay and emailed gil (thanks manticle) about his rhizomes as well. hopefully this will be the start of me growing my own finishing hops for UK, US and german beers. Well more precisely me growing my own hops, sort of like the original hops under aussie conditions.

Now to have a search for the best soil type to grow hops in.

Hoping to pick up some Hallertau, goldings and columbus rhizomes.
Ebay, the for-sale forum here, and via HopCo are probably the best options for buying the rhizomes you're looking for.

Goldings grew well for me this year and I'd expect that Columbus would grow well here too. I'm not so sure about Hallertauer as mine did not crop well this year.

hey wolfy, i got more off my hallertau after i dug the whole thing out and it came back than i did in the last 3 years previously. i have heard that it did really well for some though.

I recently emailed sandy at Hopco and she said she was putting together a list to see how many rhizomes the need to dig up. They're offering $25 there email is [email protected] varieties that should be available are;

Saaz
Cascade
Golding
Pride of Ringwood
Victoria
Millenium
Mt Hood
Columbus
Willamette
Fuggle
Cluster
Nugget
Hersbrucker
Hallertau
Perle
Tettnang
Chinook

Lol...whoops sorry Sandy if you read this. I instantly think of Grease the movie when I hear the name Sandy. Not a good thing!

I recently emailed sandy at Hopco and she said she was putting together a list to see how many rhizomes the need to dig up. They're offering $25 there email is [email protected] varieties that should be available are;

Saaz
Cascade
Golding
Pride of Ringwood
Victoria
Millenium
Mt Hood
Columbus
Willamette
Fuggle
Cluster
Nugget
Hersbrucker
Hallertau
Perle
Tettnang
Chinook

how is the purchase organised ?

do you order directly from hopco ? when do they need to know by ?

how is the purchase organised ?

do you order directly from hopco ? when do they need to know by ?

Yeah i believe its directly through hopco. I had just emailed a few hop farms about rhizomes and he replied with the list of hops. So send them an email expressing interest in what hops you want and how many.

I would do it soonish so as not to miss out.

:icon_cheers:

Thomas

will be emailing these guys for sure i lost a bid on a cascade rhizome last night that ended up going for $65 plus $15 for postage, thought it was a bit of a rip

will be emailing these guys for sure i lost a bid on a cascade rhizome last night that ended up going for $65 plus $15 for postage, thought it was a bit of a rip
Given the prices and list above, there is no need to pay more on Ebay, the prices there can get way over inflated.

:icon_drunk:
tommygun: Lol...whoops sorry Sandy if you read this. I instantly think of Grease the movie when I hear the name Sandy. Not a good thing!
Uh well-a well-a well-a huh
Tell me more, tell me more
Was it love at first sight?
Tell me more, tell me more
Did she put up a fight?

I spoke to Sandy at the Beer Expo on Friday and he mentioned that he'd be digging up his hop rhizomes as soon as he got home (today).
So if you were looking to get some hops from him, you might like to contact him sooner than later.

Latest posts

Back