Any Hop Rhizomes That I Can Get For Father's Day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ely

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm searching for hops rhizomes or cuttings for my husband for Father's day. I know nothing about hops, and was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction where to get some.

I've seen some on ebay, but they seem pretty expensive when they seem to be pretty easy to propagate. And I have no idea what variety would be good to start with.

I was going to ask at our local homebrew store but they have closed :(

Do cuttings do just as well?

I'm in Stanthorpe, southern Qld, if anyone perchance happens to be nearby and have some. But I can get friends to pick it up in Brisbane if needed.

Thanks!

Ely

Edit: oh, and I'm willing to pay for them, just not what they are asking on ebay!

Hi Ely,

There is a thread in AHB marketplace regarding 60 or so PoR rhizomes for sale.

Email Sandy @ [email protected]

No affiliation, just responding to a magnificent Missus doing the right thing :icon_cheers:

Maple

Hi Ely,

There is a thread in AHB marketplace regarding 60 or so PoR rhizomes for sale.

Email Sandy @ [email protected]

No affiliation, just responding to a magnificent Missus doing the right thing :icon_cheers:

Maple

Yep good for you Ely! Would you mind calling my wife and giving her a few tips?!

Sandy at HopCo's mobile number is 0403 005 248.

there are still some on ebay, however they are fetching very high prices

heh heh heh.

And this is from me who can't stand beer (I know, I shouldn't admit that in this kind of forum). But I like the idea of making things from scratch, and growing things, being self sufficient.

Ely

Back