Another SEQ Grain Bulk Buy Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! Everyone was prompt with payment and collection - made the process a breeze from my end!

Cheers

kegs23 said:
thanks nick, picked up my sack plus kevos this morning, plus some grain for one of the other boys in the goldclub,,
was to easy,now just to put my hopper on my mill and ill be ready for some more brewing
Cheers Kegs

Thanks NickB for organising.

Thanks Malty for arranging to have my grain picked up.

Thanks Jono for picking my grain up

Thanks Kegs for offering to pick my grain up

Thanks to everyone else in the bulk buy for being awesome AHB'ers

How often are these bulk buys organised? I'm trying to work out how much grain to buy in the mean time

lespaul said:
How often are these bulk buys organised? I'm trying to work out how much grain to buy in the mean time
There's no schedule; it's whenever someone motivated steps up and offers to run it. I've seen them happen anywhere between 1 and 4-ish months apart. Bear in mind, even if one were to start today, there would still be a number of weeks before you actually got the grain (I've seen this drag out to a couple of months, especially when doing more than one pallet).

This BB was, in my experience, super fast.

I think the thread was started on 16 August and my grain was collected on 6 Sept I think.

Others I've been in have dragged over at least double that time. Depends on organiser and participants to be on tracjk and get it over the line.

Someone just needs to put their hand up and organize it! That's what I did and it went smashingly!

NickB said:
Someone just needs to put their hand up and organize it! That's what I did and it went smashingly!
C'mon Nick... . plz...

Yeah, no worries! I'll do you all a deal - for every sack you order in the next BB, you have to order another one (at your expense , of course) for me....

Sounds like a fair deal I think!

;)

NickB said:
Yeah, no worries! I'll do you all a deal - for every sack you order in the next BB, you have to order another one (at your expense , of course) for me....

Sounds like a fair deal I think!

;)

What about a reach around instead :huh:

I'm keen for a few sacks. I couldn't organise a fart in a curry factory though, so i'm just sayin for when someome else thinks they might like to organise this.

Where do people typically get them from? If always the same place, how's the variety? I'm sure JW pale is easy to get but what about some of the Weyermann bases?

Check out bulk buys on craftbrewer website. They list all the available grains.

Hard to find, but found it. :) Awesome...
Although it's temping, don't think my first buy will be 25kg of Bairds Roast Barley... :chug:

I too would be keen for a couple of sacks.... Not keen to organise though, but would be happy to assist on the day...

Guys, I would be happy to organise. However, I can't do it for free. It takes many hours of organising to get everyone on the same path. Was thinking, If Everyone was happy with approx $2.75/sack premium, I would come out with a couple of sacks for myself, and be happy to organise, label, and distribute on the day.

It's an open offer, no pressure to accept.

Let me know and if it's yes, I'll organise ASAP. I'd need several people to agree though.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back