Another Brewing Forum

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend an active board that has a strong focus on 3V to supplement this board? Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with BIAB in the slightest and I'm not trying to avoid its discussion at all. It is just that I'm only just coming to grips with my first 3V system and all there is being discussed here is mostly coffee grinders and 9L SMASH brews. Doesn't need to be Australian, as long as it is in English I'm golden.

I am aware of how much great stuff there is in old threads here (as I have read a great many of them) but I sometimes find it a little dry just reading old threads and not really being able to bump a 4 year old thread to ask a question of someone who doesn't even post any more, you know?

No offence to the many brilliant brewers who still contribute here - I love you to bits. It is just that you're being drowned out by retards who make me wanna ragequit out of Firefox.

Can anyone recommend an active board that has a strong focus on 3V to supplement this board? Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with BIAB in the slightest and I'm not trying to avoid its discussion at all. It is just that I'm only just coming to grips with my first 3V system and all there is being discussed here is mostly coffee grinders and 9L SMASH brews. Doesn't need to be Australian, as long as it is in English I'm golden.

I am aware of how much great stuff there is in old threads here (as I have read a great many of them) but I sometimes find it a little dry just reading old threads and not really being able to bump a 4 year old thread to ask a question of someone who doesn't even post any more, you know?

No offence to the many brilliant brewers who still contribute here - I love you to bits. It is just that you're being drowned out by retards who make me wanna ragequit out of Firefox.
Most of us 3V guys dont put opinions up for the fear of being dubbed elitists or crank's :blink: . I have noticed a swing away from this forum by the more experienced brewers. I have also noticed that it cycles IE Biab one week , extract the next etc but that's just the way it goes, we all started with the first step. Me , I'm looking for a forum that just talk's about German/Czech styles Pils . :beerbang:
GB

I dunno. I've been here for a long enough to have seen one or two of these cycles and always learned something from them. This current cycle seems to be about learning as little as possible and I don't see how that's going to help my brewing. And I don't want to give the impression that I'm searching for a board that only talks about 3V processes - that would ultimately stifle my progress too. I just want a board filled with smart people saying smart things about making beer.

It is just that you're being drowned out by retards who make me wanna ragequit out of Firefox.

Not being able to type replies in firefox is leading me to ever more regular regequits......... fking compatibility issues.

I dunno. I've been here for a long enough to have seen one or two of these cycles and always learned something from them. This current cycle seems to be about learning as little as possible and I don't see how that's going to help my brewing. And I don't want to give the impression that I'm searching for a board that only talks about 3V processes - that would ultimately stifle my progress too. I just want a board filled with smart people saying smart things about making beer.
You might want to start a 3V sub forum on AHB ? I would be interested as would some of my fellow brewers.
GB

You might want to start a 3V sub forum on AHB ? I would be interested as would some of my fellow brewers.
GB

Absolutely. This and turn up the bullshit and knobhead meters. It would be a shame to see even more people leave because of a few dickheads who like to stir shit and arrogantly ignore sound advice.

Cheers, John.

Not being able to type replies in firefox is leading me to ever more regular regequits......... fking compatibility issues.

Just get 3.5.11 gets rid of problems link from here

A google search will get you sites that have older versions of the Fox.

GB

HERMs have one so why not 3V.
Off topic but the AG junior and AG senior subforums seem to a bit of a mishmash - I'd welcome a merge into one forum for "full mash brewing" as they tend to call it in Pom forums. Then move partials 'down' into a forum for "kits, extracts and partials" as the use of kits n bits and steeping grains does really merge with partials as you can have all sorts of hybrids going on there.

Edit: J.A, I have been using Opera for over a year. Awesome. We have FF and IE at work so I have a genuine basis for comparison. IIRC you are mac? there's a version.

HERMs have one so why not 3V.
Off topic but the AG junior and AG senior subforums seem to a bit of a mishmash - I'd welcome a merge into one forum for "full mash brewing" as they tend to call it in Pom forums. Then move partials 'down' into a forum for "kits, extracts and partials" as the use of kits n bits and steeping grains does really merge with partials as you can have all sorts of hybrids going on there.

Edit: J.A, I have been using Opera for over a year. Awesome. We have FF and IE at work so I have a genuine basis for comparison. IIRC you are mac? there's a version.
Look's like AHB would benefit from a bit of a shake up. I am voting for the Pils and Lager AG tied to a 3V sub-forum (double split sub forum), a place I can call home :super:
GB

I just want a board filled with smart people saying smart things about making beer.

Exactly. From my limited experience in brewing I have learned that I am not 'that guy' and that what works for someone probably wont work for me. What does work is tried and tested brewing practices with very small openings for failure.

Been having thoughts about this for some time and after the SA results at AABC this past weekend I reckon we South Aussie brewers need to get our act together.
Sure there is the Mash Brewers forum but it is pretty quiet of late.
The reaction to the latest swap got me thinking there is more to SA brewing than AG.
So....

Get on board The Brew Adelaide Forum
Open to everyone although SA brewers get there own private area.
No replacement for AHB in any way but would be nice if it helped us get off the bottom of the brewing ladder :beerbang:
Cheers
Nige

FightClubBath.jpg

<to paraphrase> "We're a generation of brewers raised on a forum. I'm wondering if another forum is really the answer we need."

<to paraphrase> "We're a generation of brewers raised on a forum. I'm wondering if another forum is really the answer we need."
Not the whole answer QB by any means but we need more of what we had the other Friday at The Wheaty.
Good times and discussion of all things beer!
Cheers
Nige

Not the whole answer QB by any means but we need more of what we had the other Friday at The Wheaty.
Good times and discussion of all things beer!
All of which can be had in a public forum - not another closed off one for private members only.

NB: My only objection (apart from me wasting more of my time on yet another forum) is the 'private members' section. Soon enough someone will suggest that the case swap be organised in that closed off bit, and not on AHB, then it'll be deja vu all over again.

Back