Another 1v recirc build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't boil using a heat exchanger! Just use it to re-circ during the mash... The whole set up is on a gas burner for boiling....
I found it too hard to get the temp right with gas...

I have a large 3v set up, so I just borrow the herms for small batches on a 1v (with bigW malt pipe etc)...

Some bits and pieces arrived today. Anyone got any advice as to how long I should cut my overflow down to? It sits proud of the big w pot atm, would an inch below the lip suffice?

I don't quite understand the concept of the overflow, so this may not make any sense. Surely you are limited by the holes in the side of the pot? your overflow would have to be lower than them wouldn't it? If so I wouldn't be going any lower than that...

Yeah Matplat, that's what I figure as well. My understanding with the overflow is that if everything is going well it isn't needed. I think it is just insurance if the grain bed gets too compacted during the recirc then the wort has somewhere to go. I suspect the holes on the side would probably be sufficient but I didn't think about that when I cut the centre hole.

Latest posts

Back