Anna Bligh New Bum Tax

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
they'll tax your feet........ they'll tax the street... prophetic words

Piccie

Ouch, I hope you get some warning that your money is about to run out.

Can't see that being legal (or implemented in real life) though.

last I heard they were rolling this system out in china, to prevent the old folks hogging the park benches

I work in Chinatown in Brisbane and this erection was right outside our front door.

Chinatown.jpg

It contained a couple of benches and a nice old (although malodorous) gentleman lived there for a couple of years.
They removed the benches and then a few months later demolished the structure - but more to do with it being shonkily erected in the first place.
However we all considered it mean to remove the benches as the old guy was harmless.

<story>
Shortly afterwards I was talking to the cleaner and she said he was taken to a hostel at New Farm down the road and scrubbed, shaved and haircutted and given nice clothes, and they got him a proper pension, and he came real good and every now and again he goes back there to contemplate his old life.
There is goodness and gentleness in the world :)

:beerbang:

</story>

There is goodness and gentleness in the world - BribieG

Nice one. There is tonnes of it but it is not newsworthy apparently. What a wonderful thing to see posted.

Back