Anhc 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Banana Benders...now banana mashers.

I guess all the suspense is gone out of the Gala Awards Dinner, might as well just post the full results now & forget the presentation.

these drugs are good I tells ya

thanks & apologies.

If it were referred to in the thread as Champion Brewer and Beer of Show it would be clearer. Got a bit confused myself before I worked it out last night. Congratulations to both.

congrats to all who worked hard to put on this great event, it was the best two days of beer and brewing info ever.

Had a great nite out at club nite. Thanks for all the effort. A good range of beers on show

Gave me some inspiration for my brewing and I'll definitely get more involved in a local club.

Cheers Mudd

Had a great nite out at club nite. Thanks for all the effort. A good range of beers on show

Gave me some inspiration for my brewing and I'll definitely get more involved in a local club.

Cheers Mudd

Glad you all had a ball... We had a blast.putting it on for you all....

Mudd, Melbourne Brewers would be your closest club, so feel free to drop into the club meeting Wednesday night if you get a chance!

http://www.melbournebrewers.org

May your brews be good brews,

Andy

Glad you all had a ball... We had a blast.putting it on for you all....

mudd, Melbourne brewers would be your closest club, so feel free to drop into the club meeting Wednesday night if you get a chance!

http://www.melbournebrewers.org

May your brews be good brews,

Andy

Hey, while I'm still half awake, congratulations to Mark Davies from the Northern Territory, who picked up the coveted Braumeister 20L system from the "stainless Ticket" draw... Mark was one of the first people to buy his ticket to the conference, so it just goes to show the early bird DOES get the worm...

Cheers!

Andy

Thanks all who voted. Still stoked that my lambic won best beer of the club night.
On the drive home ATM and just had pointed out that this is the longest I've been with out a beer since Wednesday.
Thanks to all that organized this. I'm looking forward to next time.

Thanks all who voted. Still stoked that my lambic won best beer of the club night.
On the drive home ATM and just had pointed out that this is the longest I've been with out a beer since Wednesday.
Thanks to all that organized this. I'm looking forward to next time.

Safe drive home mate.

That beer was a cracker! Care to let us in on the recipe when you get home?

Thanks to all that organised.

My head hurts! But well worth it.
Great night to all involved.
Just wish i didn't drop my dacks and flash my blue undies on stage...

The sours made me do it.
Well done Barls

@Wolfman...consider yourself reminded, and have a cracker in Nimben.

From a first time attendee, it was an awesome experience.

Didn't have the opportunity to attend the Gala or Club night due to non beer related stuff but I found the actual conference to be extremely valuable and I've walked away with a lot of ides about where to go with my brewing.

I will provide more detailed feedback to ANHC via but I think a feedback form should have been included in the conference packs because as great as it was I am sure there is still ways to grow and improve it.

More than anything it has really shown me that I need to get involved in a club so I can be in a situation to discuss these these things on a regular basis (online doesn't always cut it).

T'was a good night indeed. Felt ok considering this morning.

Stoked with the amount of votes for my Brown Porter. Can't complain with a third! A few requested the recipe so here it is...

BOAB Fuller's London Porter
Brown Porter

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 22.0
Total Grain (kg): 5.594
Total Hops (g): 58.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.054 (째P): 13.3
Final Gravity (FG): 1.012 (째P): 3.8
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.2 %
Colour (SRM): 48.3 (EBC): 95.2
Bitterness (IBU): 30.2 (Rager)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 65

Grain Bill
----------------
4.019 kg Simpsons Marris Otter (71.84%)
0.729 kg Simpsons Brown Malt (13.03%)
0.482 kg Simpsons Crystal (8.62%)
0.364 kg Simpsons Chocolate Malt (6.51%)

Hop Bill
----------------
36.0 g Fuggles Pellet (5.1% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1.6 g/L)
22.0 g Fuggles Pellet (5.1% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------
4.0 g Calcium Chloride @ 90 Minutes (Mash)
1.0 g Chalk (Calcium Carbonate) @ 90 Minutes (Mash)
2.3 g Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) @ 90 Minutes (Mash)
1.0 g Sodium Bi-Carbonate @ 90 Minutes (Mash)
1.5 g Calcium Chloride @ 70 Minutes (Boil)
0.9 g Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) @ 70 Minutes (Boil)
0.4 g Sodium Bi-Carbonate @ 70 Minutes (Boil)
4.0 g Yeast Nutrient @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
4.5 g BrewBrite @ 10 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 65째C for 75 Minutes.
Fermented at 17째C with Wyeast 1968 - London ESB Ale

Notes
----------------
Recipe: http://www.byo.com/component/resource/arti...pride-of-london

Mash
55 for 10, 64 for 45, 72 for 15, 78 for 15

Boil
65 mins

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Good to see some old faces again and meet a whole lot of brewers from Vic and beyond. Bring on 2014!!

Safe drive home mate.

That beer was a cracker! Care to let us in on the recipe when you get home?

Thanks to all that organised.
not a problem, im briefly home tonight but am driving out tomorrow morning to pick up the wife and child from the inlaws. so ill put it up later this week when ive gotten time to check the records for it.

Latest posts

Back