Anhc 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool looking forward to getting down there

Looking forward to this, all of my mates seem to have backed out so chances are I'll lob up on someones table. Should be a good couple of days.

I just asked to go on the single ladies table.

ANHC Update...

Only 6 sleeps to go to ANHC 2013, and we're really excited... a few important updates for everyone...

Hair of the Dog Breakfast Cancelled

Unfortunately, due to low ticket sales, the Hair of the Dog Breakfast has had to be cancelled. We have tried to contact all ticket holders for the event personally, and refunds for those who have paid are in progress as I type. If you have any questions or concerns about this please feel free to PM me.

Gala Dinner Ticket Sales Closing

We will be closing off ticket sales for the Gala Dinner in the next 30-60 minutes, so if you haven't already bought tickets please jump in and get that sorted out. We cannot take additional numbers after that time.

Volunteers

If you are in Melbourne over the conference but haven't been able to scratch up the funds to attend, you might be interested in volunteering at the event. We are looking for about 12 people to help us shift beer around, serve beer at the sensory sessions, and move furniture around. We'll look after you by feeding you during the sessions and letting you get into some of the sessions when we have a slow time, and we'll give you a pass to club night. So contact us on [email protected] and leave your name, contact phone number and when you might be available to help out.

First in best dressed.

Looking forward to sharing a beer with you all!

May your brews be good brews,

Andy

Sorry folks, One more thing.....

Bring a mate...

Afraid you're going to be lonely at the conference? Fat chance! BUT, if you can't stand the idea of leaving mates behind whille being forced to endure hour upon hour of the world's best brewer chatter (while you sit back with beer in hand) we have a solution: Get them to come along!

That's right, invite your mates along. And if the idea of their company on the day isn't enough, let's entice:

When your mate buys their ticket online, tell them to put your name into the dietary requirement field at checkout. If they are selected from a draw, they'll pick up a $100 voucher from Keg King... and YOU score a brand new Keg King Kegerator!

Convince your friends to come along NOW!

* This is a promotional offer, and applies only to tickets purchased between October 18, 2012 and October 25th, 2012. Promotion applies to Full Conference, Sessions Only Beginners Sessions, Beginners Experience package. The draw will be conducted at the closing session of the conference on the 27th October 2017. Winners drawn will be notified by email in the event they are not present. No redraw will take place, and no correspondence will be entered into after the drawn regarding this competition. The draw will consist of the names of all qualifying ticket purchasers, and the winner will receive a $100 Keg King voucher. The mate who referred the winner will receive a new kegerator from Keg King.

Getting excited!

Only 2 more sleeps till we arrive in Melb... B)

Only one more sleep for me - I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep the night before I go :p :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers - Snow.

Getting excited!

Only 2 more sleeps till we arrive in Melb... B)

So Jetstar called me yesterday to inform me that the flight back to Newcastle that we've had booked for the last 4 months has been cancelled.
They can get us on a flight on Saturday (as if) or we could opt for a later flight on Monday afternoon.
Being the 'head of research' I made an executive decision and booked the crew on the Monday flight.
I'm also the 'social co-ordinator' so I'm looking for advice on the best breweries and restaurants to carry out my research close to the CBD.
Any suggestions fellas?

Harry.

ht on Saturday (as if) or we could opt for a later flight on Monday afternoon.
Being the 'head of research' I made an executive decision and booked the crew on the Monday flight.
I'm also the 'social co-ordinator' so I'm looking for advice on the best breweries and restaurants to carry out my research close to the CBD.
Any suggestions fellas?

Harry.

If you've got money to spare, the press club has renowned food (only ever eaten the $10 lunch special souvlaki myself so going on reputation only) and a great beer list: City, Flinders street.

City:

Cheaper, decent pub grub and beer - Mrs Parmas (all aussie micro beers, good parmas)
De ja vu has good beer, tried the food once and wasn't impressed, still worth a visit.
Penny Blue - great beer, good staff, don't think they do food.
Beer deluxe - fantastic beer range, think the food is reasonable
Belgian Beer cafe (southbank) - food is average (fill you up, taste OK, won't make you sick but nothing to write home about), beer list is decent. There's also another Belgian beer cafe on St Kilda Rd, towards Prahran. Not eaten there but I reckon they look after their lines a bit better there.

Near city: Great Northern - bit further out (North Carlton) decent tap list, bottled beer and good pub grub
Bar Fred (also North carlton) - cheap great pizzas, great bottled range
Cookie - Yuppie central, way too noisy for me and not somewhere I like to go but good food and good beer list.
Little Creatures dining hall on Brunswick street in Fitzroy. Ate there ages ago and from memory all was good.
Alehouse project: Lygon street , Brunswick (not eaten there)
Temple Brewing Brunswick: A favourite. Not eaten there since they changed chefs but always liked the food, love the beers and the owners are really great people. Not open Monday or Tuesday.

Not tried: Josie Bones
Atticus Finch

If you've got money to spare, the press club has renowned food (only ever eaten the $10 lunch special souvlaki myself so going on reputation only) and a great beer list: City, Flinders street.

Press Club always gets a good write up but I (and Mrs JD) were pretty unimpressed with it, thought it was way over priced for what the food was. I thought Hellenic Republic was the same. Save your money and head somewhere else.

My current Favourite is the Grossi Cellar Bar on Bourke st. (not so much a booze bar, but a pasta bar). Lots of hand made pasta by Guy Grossi and his team. Great food and service at a very reasonable price. http://www.grossiflorentino.com/grossi-flo...cellar-bar.aspx

Ginger boy in Chinatown is also worth a trip. Bit more exxy, but a really cool twist on asian street food.

Hi Andy,

We are driving down to MEL tomorrow and need some info about what to do with the kegs we are bringing for club night.

Where and when do we drop them off? Is there a person we need to contact?

Any info would be great.

See you there.

Brendan.

Brendan,

Drop off tomorrow is between 3pm and 4.30 at the William Angliss loading bay. I'll PM my mobile number to you so you can get in touch when you arrive.

HAve a safe trip, and will catch you down here for a beer...

Andy

I'd assumsed that having not recieved them yet, everytinhg would be collected on the day instead of being posted out this late.

Yep - all hell broke loose in the mailing department, so we're just doing the same as last conference.

Accreditation will be available for pick-up from DeJa Vu bar on Little Lonsdale St from around 7.30pm. We're having pre-conference drinks there, and everyone wearing an accreditation will get a discount on beers...

Also, here's some info for Club Night, in case people didn't get the mailout...

Equipment Drop-Off Times
For those dropping equipment off prior to club night, there is a loading bay directly behind the conference venue, Check the google map below for the location.
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=william+a...&authuser=0

Drop-Off to the loading bay will be available on Wednesday 3-4.30 pm, Thursday 6.00-6.30 pm, Friday 12.30 PM or Saturday 5.15-5.45.

Club-Night Setup

Setup of your area at club night at 6.45 pm.

Pack-up from club-night will occur at 12-12.30 am

Equipment Pick-up
If possible, we would like all club night equipment removed from William Angliss directly after Club-Night, (tough ask, I know). Otherwise, we'll need you to help us move your stuff down to the loading bay ready for pickup Sunday morning. Pick-up has to occur between 8.30-9.30 am. Unfortunately we have to be out of the venue, due to another booking. Those who are couriering their goods back, can organize courier pickup from a location yet to be confirmed. Please note this is not an option for melbourne clubs. If I have to get up early on Sunday, you can too :).

Equipment

I think I have everyone's equipment requirements in. We ask that most clubs provide their own Reg and gas disconnects and serving gear unless you have organized otherwise with me.

Club Night/Conference Volunteers

We are also in need of some volunteers to help out for the entire conference and also a few extra's to help out with just club night. However we need to hear from you ASAP....

Volunteers for Club Night set-up will be expected to help pack-up the conference seating and help set-up for club night but then will get to enjoy most of club night until we will need their help once again to pack up at the end of the night. Volunteers for the club night can register their interest by emailing [email protected]

FYI I was a volunteer at ANHC 1 (being a poor Uni Student and all) and it was a pretty good experience, you have to help out a fair bit, but you get to catch a decent amount of the sessions. So if there is anyone you think would be free and physically able to help out on the 25th-27th Oct, tell them to register their interest ASAP at [email protected].

Any chance of a bit later on the drop off today. Driving down now and looking like we will be there around 5.

Latest posts

Back