Andale (I think) taps & kegerator build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philmud

Reaction score
I got these taps with a bunch of kegs I bought and would like to use them in a kegerator build. They came with a font, but I'd like to mount them on a fridge door.
I think they are EK taps with snaplok adapters (though they aren't identical - one has "Downey" imprinted on the handle).

Basically what I want to know is, what do I need to add these to a kegerator. I've tried to do a bit of research myself & suspect I need to get some panel adapters, but I'm not sure if I need a line valve or something too.

Anyone have similar taps on a fridge? Any advice appreciated. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445425709.858914.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445425738.061269.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445425774.840427.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445425813.436216.jpg

So the shank would work with the adapters in my pictures? Did you buy the components separately? Do you recall how much they set you back?

I got the taps elsewhere, bought the snaplock tap adapter (you will not need this), shank (as linked) and hose coupler for about $60 each set

Without the receipt in front of me, i would estimate you are looking at ~45 for each shank and hose coupler from Andale

I looked at getting the parts you have and a shank, but it ends up sitting too far out the front of the fridge, and the shank was about the same price as the snaplock i linked to... so i just got the all in one purpose made shank :)

IMAG0199.jpg

You could always take what you have into andale and ask... provided you have an andale close by (i do :))

n87 said:
I got the taps elsewhere, bought the snaplock tap adapter (you will not need this), shank (as linked) and hose coupler for about $60 each set

Without the receipt in front of me, i would estimate you are looking at ~45 for each shank and hose coupler from Andale

I looked at getting the parts you have and a shank, but it ends up sitting too far out the front of the fridge, and the shank was about the same price as the snaplock i linked to... so i just got the all in one purpose made shank :)

attachicon.gif
IMAG0199.jpg

You could always take what you have into andale and ask... provided you have an andale close by (i do :))
Thanks mate, that's good advice. I work in Brunswick, so not far to Airport West. I might take the taps in and get some advice.

Cheers

Just spoke with the bloke from Andale. I think I'm looking at around $60 each for the panel adapter and coupling (he reckoned the snaplok adapters I have attach to the panel adapter, not the shank) - as you say, it might come too far out from the fridge. Now considering selling the Andale taps/font to subsidise a different set up. I might poppet for a visit & confirm what I'd need.

Prince Imperial said:
Just spoke with the bloke from Andale. I think I'm looking at around $60 each for the panel adapter and coupling (he reckoned the snaplok adapters I have attach to the panel adapter, not the shank) - as you say, it might come too far out from the fridge. Now considering selling the Andale taps/font to subsidise a different set up. I might poppet for a visit & confirm what I'd need.
should be cheaper to get the snaplock shank (panel extension)

i think they call the part of the tap the shank, just to be confusing.

Yob said:
don't sell the Andale.. ask Crusty...
Don't listen to Yob.
Sell them buddy.......................................................and then go get some Andale Florytes....... :beerbang:
You won't find a better tap.
Pouring perfect beers every single time. 3deg, 4m of 5mm ID line @50-60kpa.
Sorry for slightly :icon_offtopic:

Yob said:
Aren't these andale DA?
I'm not sure, they look very similar to the Andale EK taps in the catalogue, but the bloke said the one with "Downey" on the handle would be 20 years old.
I like the idea of using taps that once belonged in a crusty pub, so I'd like to keep 'em if possible.

n87 said:
should be cheaper to get the snaplock shank (panel extension)

i think they call the part of the tap the shank, just to be confusing.
Yeah, I might just take them in and see what they think the options are.

Crusty said:
Don't listen to Yob.
Sell them buddy.......................................................and then go get some Andale Florytes....... :beerbang:
You won't find a better tap.
Pouring perfect beers every single time. 3deg, 4m of 5mm ID line @50-60kpa.
Sorry for slightly :icon_offtopic:
The Florytes do look good, trying to spend less $$$ though, not more.

Out of interest, where would the 2nd hand market value the above taps complete with SS font?

If you get the snaplock setup on the fridge, changing over taps is easy :)

Shit! I walked out of Andale $160 lighter today. I got the panel adapters & couplings, some beer line, which they attached & a few bits & bobs as well as some tap repair kits because the washers are rooted. Good gear though and I can upgrade to Florytes if I want to.

Back