Andale Beer Gun Service Issue

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpillsMostOfIt

Self-Propelled, Portable Meat-Based Filtration Sys
Reaction score
I've been given an Andale beer gun! I'm fairly ignorant of such things, but this one has blue plastic handles so looks a lot like the item in the Andale catalogue.

Its previous owner didn't clean it before he stopped using it (quite some time ago) so the beer line going into it needs defoliating. I'd like to replace the line entirely, but am a little unsure if I can or not. This is what the line going into the gun looks like:

IMG_0470.jpg

My question is whether the triangular 'bell' formed in the end of the BEVA hose is by a machine or just brute force. Can I safely remove the BEVA hose and put some of my own in there or do I need to retain what is there and graft some on the end?

Cheers.

That is done by the compression fitting SMOI. It goes in clean cut and comes out looking like that.

I've been given an Andale beer gun! I'm fairly ignorant of such things, but this one has blue plastic handles so looks a lot like the item in the Andale catalogue.

Its previous owner didn't clean it before he stopped using it (quite some time ago) so the beer line going into it needs defoliating. I'd like to replace the line entirely, but am a little unsure if I can or not. This is what the line going into the gun looks like:

IMG_0470.jpg

My question is whether the triangular 'bell' formed in the end of the BEVA hose is by a machine or just brute force. Can I safely remove the BEVA hose and put some of my own in there or do I need to retain what is there and graft some on the end?

Cheers.
Whenever I have redone a connection on a font or tap what I have done is slice the old tubing away then get a cup of reasonably hot water and place end of new hose in it for a few minutes.
I then push the little piece in it to the end of the hose by force, but not too much as the hose will be really soft.
Works for me anyway.
Maybe it may take a few trys till you get it right.

Hope this helps
Reg

Good call reg, I forgot to mention the hot water bit. ;)

I've dismantled the thing entirely and it is now soaking in some sodium percarbonate and really hot water. There's a colony of something in the beer line that doesn't seem to want to leave, so I'm thinking I don't really have an alternative.

I've only used BEVA hose with tail and JG fittings, so this will be interesting - hopefully not too much so.

Thanks.

For some reason everyone tries to put the olive into Andale nut and olive assemblies in ass about.
Its just one of those things for some reason the right way is counter intuitive.

As said above its a lot easier with hot/boiling water;-
Make sure the end of the line is cut nice and square
Soak the end 10mm of line until it looks clear, then push the olive in (the right way round)
You want just a touch of the olive showing outside the end of the tube

Dont over tighten

I have put hundreds of these together, with practice and the help of the brass olive pusher it's quite possible to fit the olive to cold line, but I used a biro and a cup of boiling water for years.
View attachment 18250 View attachment 18251
Hope the pix help.

MHB

Latest posts

Back