Anawbs Heads Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to Westbrew today, seems like in the confusion of moving shop, they forgot about the comp entries.
The manager apologised and offered a gift voucher which I politely declined.
I was going to suggest a boycott of Westbrew but they are only a crappy retail outlet for cans of goo and not taken seriously by the Perth brewing community, so it would be pointless.

Hey WA Brewers,

Sorry to read you guys missed the official judging. I notice that Russ and ANAWBS are organising a special judging for you. Having tasted many of Asher's and one of Guest Lurker's beers I reckon the judges who get this "job" will be pleasantly surprised.

I don't know what happened with the freight logistics but don't be deterred from entering next year as the bugs are sure to have been ironed out by then.

cheers

Darren
(who has been too busy with work lately to have any affiliation/contribution with either ANAWBS or SABSOSA)

I just had a call from Russell, very apologetic even though it's probably not their fault. Sounds like we're going to have our own little WA in SA comp. I'd say Asher has a pretty good chance, apparently there are 24 entries from WA. Thanks to the South Australians going to the extra effort.

I havent been contacted as yet but its no big deal.I felt doomed from the start when i dropped my entries off and the person/boss said we are moving today but you can leave them over on that counter and i will deal with them.Wasnt overly impressed with the package sitting there on its pat malone as i drove off and they were more interested in packing the shop stuff.

Cheers
Big D

Guys, I'm sorry if you weren't contacted - there are 7 entrants involved with 24 entries and I was told all were contacted.

Please be assured that all entries will be judged and medals, trophies and a special prize or two will be awarded.

Cheers
Russ

Next year get Gryphon Brewing to do the deed, I will store them in a coolroom and get them off on time. :p Or I will drink them and give you feedback :lol:
GB

And seconded.
Hey Russ
Im thinking that my beer entries are still in the shop somewhere.

Cheers
Big D

Im thinking that my beer entries are still in the shop somewhere.

the thought just crossed my mind when u said that, imagine if the entries didnt make it across and the employees at westbrew had to judge our beers

...this pale ale entry doesnt taste anything like secret brew enhancer no 56. catalogue 21. -5 points....

bah hahaha

Thanks to some very kind Judges, we'll be judging these entries this coming Monday. I'll email you all your results on Tuesday and am hoping to get them into the results booklet too.

Russ

the thought just crossed my mind when u said that, imagine if the entries didnt make it across and the employees at westbrew had to judge our beers

...this pale ale entry doesnt taste anything like secret brew enhancer no 56. catalogue 21. -5 points....

bah hahaha
LOL Rob your sense of humor cracks me up.So what wrong with brew enhancer No 56? I use it in all my Gold medal beers.Dont tell any one !
GB

Latest posts

Back