Anawbs Entries Close 29 September

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
Just a quick reminder that entries for ANAWBS - the Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show close on Friday 29 September.

Full details can be found on the ANAWBS web site

Judging is held in Adelaide on Friday 6 and Sunday 8 October, with presentation day on Sunday 15 October.

This National Show has been running continuously for 27 years, and is open to every Australian amateur winemaker and brewer. There is no pre entry requirement. If you feel you have a beer that passes muster in this year's categories, or you are simply looking for feedback on your brews, we will welcome you with open arms.

Main collection point is

A.R. Black & Co.
67 Nelson St,
Stepney SA 5069.
Telephone (08) 8362 0040

But, this year Victorian brewers also have the option of free transportation from the CellarPlus outlets at Clayton, Welling and North Melbourne. Full details on the ANAWBS web site.

And, don't forget, this is also the home of the Mash Paddle all grain comp - check out the extensive Mash Paddle thread for more information on this.

Bring them on, and may the best beers triumph :super:

Good one Stu, I have a few beer ready to send off and may even brew a Wit this weekend to send.

Unfortunately there is no category for my Blonde Rye :(

I'm just hoping my porter is ready for the Mash Paddle. I have unfortunately left i til the last minute and it will be bottled this week. I just hope it is not kept too cold once I drop it off so it has a chance to condition.

i only have my mash paddle entry this year

and it will be there with bells on

Will post it early next week

cheers

Unfortunately there is no category for my Blonde Rye :(

I can see it now, Rye beers for the 2007 Mash Paddle. At least there would be two entries :p

Melbourne Brewers please note closing date for entries to the cellar Plus depots is now Monday 25 September.
Many of you may have already received this information by email or flier. The anawbs web site will be corrected soon.

Sampling my porter right now, not sure what happened to the batch as there isn't much of it left.

With regards to the regular non-mash-paddle classes, is there a limit of one entry per person per class, stu?

Sampling my porter right now, not sure what happened to the batch as there isn't much of it left.

With regards to the regular non-mash-paddle classes, is there a limit of one entry per person per class, stu?

Kai,

In previous years it has been as many as you like in a class but you can't obviously put the same beer in twice. Probably best that stu confirms this though.

cheers

Darren

Darren is right on the money with this one.

Conditions of entry state:

There is no limit to the number of entries an exhibitor may submit, except that no one wine orbeer may be entered in more than one class.

I can't decide which of my two experimental porters is less likely to trouble the mash paddle judges, as a result they will have the pleasure of adjudicating over both :lol:

Good Day Stu
Does the bock and doppelbock class include maibock?

Good Day Stu
You would probably be best served having a read of the Style guides available from the ANAWBS web site as this is what they will be judged against. If your Maibock fits the style guides then go for it.

Good Day Stu

Not specifically Barry, and the way the guidelines have been written it is quite possible that a true maibock might lose points because, for example, its colour would be outside the stated range. The class really is based on traditional bock and doppelbock.

If a maibock was entered, it would be considered, but against the guidelines as published. We will have access to the full BJCP guideines on the day, but the master class guidelines are already set for this year.

Whether we need to broaden the bock class further, is another item I can add to the list for the inevitable end of show post mortem.

Good day Stu
Thanks for that, the colour was marginal in my case so no worries.

NEWSFLASH!

ANAWBS has just struck a deal with Brizzy Brew of Mashmaster fame, that means every open class first place winner will have a mashmaster thermometer included in their prize package :) .

This is in addition to the mash paddle prize package of plate wort chiller and thermometer previously announced.

American Pale Ale place getters still also get hop packages courtesy of ross at craftbrewer.

We are working on a suitable prize package for the kit only Australian Lager category also.

As I post this there are only 10 more sleeps until entries close.

Too late to brew :( , not to late too enter :D

awrabest, stu

NEWSFLASH!

ANAWBS has just struck a deal with Brizzy Brew of Mashmaster fame, that means every open class first place winner will have a mashmaster thermometer included in their prize package

This is in addition to the mash paddle prize package of plate wort chiller and thermometer previously announced.

American Pale Ale place getters still also get hop packages courtesy of ross at craftbrewer.

We are working on a suitable prize package for the kit only Australian Lager category also.

As I post this there are only 10 more sleeps until entries close.

Too late to brew not to late to enter

awrabest, stu

Cheers guys :super: :super:

Batz

Cheers guys :super: :super:

Batz

Our pleasure Geoff.

For what it's worth, if the SABSOSA results are any guide, then your ANAWBS Scottish crown looks safe from challenge from this quarter :(

Provided you have found the time to brew one yourself, that is ;)

I've bottled a last desperate attempt at redemption tonight, but my hopes are not high.

Just a reminder to any interested Melbourne brewers, the CellarPlus depots need your entries by tomorrow - Monday 25 August for free delivery - full details on the anawbs web site

Well due to not relocation, new job, trying to sell house and long hours at work i didnt get to send off my entry to the mash paddle ;)

Good luck to all and i hope to be in it again next year.

cheers

Well due to not relocation, new job, trying to sell house and long hours at work i didnt get to send off my entry to the mash paddle ;)

Good luck to all and i hope to be in it again next year.

cheers

Still heaps of time Tony, I'm not mailing mine off till Weds/Thurs

Cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back