Anawbs Entries Close 29 September

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealine was today if you were getting your entries to a dropoff point in Melb.
If you are sending you have until Friday to get your entries in. Mine hit the postal system today.

Beers,
Doc

didn't stu just post that the cut off was today?

What doc said!

Melbourne drop off closed today.

Adelaide drop off and all postal entries to Adelaide still have until close of business Friday 29 September.

There is still time :D

Why do I always leave these things until the last minute? Hopefully I will get in to drop off the Mash Paddle winner by the end of the week. ;)

I hope you do too!

And I think stu means friday 29th september

I hope you do too!

And I think stu means friday 29th september

Thank you Kai, I did indeed mean to say Friday 29th Septembeer :) as the the closing date.

I should have sent them 2 weeks ago. :angry:

Wont get to the postoffice this week so will have to be next year.

Bad timing is all ;)

cheers

thinking that I might have a go at this. I just happen to have a beer that fits the dry stout guidelines nicely. would it be disadvantagious to only send one 500ml bottle? seeing as that is the minimum submission allowed? and also I don't have a cheque book, would I have to get a money order?

thinking that I might have a go at this. I just happen to have a beer that fits the dry stout guidelines nicely. would it be disadvantagious to only send one 500ml bottle? seeing as that is the minimum submission allowed? and also I don't have a cheque book, would I have to get a money order?
That won't be a problem at all Coodgee. Just means we won't be able to swill after judging is finished ;)

To all the Westcoast Brewers memebers who gave me beers to get to ANAWBS I have just followed up the tracking number and can see that they have been delivered.

Plus no-one has rung about a beer soaked cardboard box :eek:

Here's hoping some of them do well

To all the Westcoast Brewers memebers who gave me beers to get to ANAWBS I have just followed up the tracking number and can see that they have been delivered.

Plus no-one has rung about a beer soaked cardboard box :eek:

Here's hoping some of them do well
My plan didn't work then. Guess we have more competition! Looking to be a good turn out this year.

The boom gates are all but closed, but Adelaide brewers still have time for last minute entries.

Speaking of Adelaide brewers, if you are interested in helping out at ANAWBS as a steward, please contact me by email or PM and I can pass on full details. We can never have too many stewards.

Well, after an invitation from Wee Stu( the grain mill loan king)I am going to be doing some stewarding duties 2morrow at the ANAWBS comp.

Who else from the Adelaide Chapter of AHB will be there to judge/Steward?

Look forward to meeting some other AHB regulars, as well as some post judging tastings(OH yeah).

Seeya 2 morrow One and all!

Look forward to meeting some other AHB regulars, as well as some post judging tastings(OH yeah).

Seeya 2 morrow One and all![/color][/font]

There is a good crowd of AHB regulars on deck tomorrow, as well as a number of professional brewer representatives - from the big boys to the micro crowd, as well as the guys from TAFE who are in the midst of setting up their own commercial quality micro brewery.

Many thanks to all the AHB members who have entered. Numbers are up 51% on last year :eek: , and from the looks of it, the all grain sector has grown by even more.

Even though beer judging will be finished by Sunday 8 October, I have to ask you for a little bit of patience with the results coming out.

We have a 27 year tradition at ANAWBS that results are not published until the presentation day, which this year is Sunday 15 October.

We are also a wine show as well as a beer show, and the wine isn't even judged until next week - so it could be construed as a bit rude if we announced part of the winners list before the rest of the comp was even judged ;)

Best of luck to all who entered.

awrabest, stu

Seeya 2 morrow One and all![/color][/font]

There is a good crowd of AHB regulars on deck tomorrow, as well as a number of professional brewer representatives - from the big boys to the micro crowd, as well as the guys from TAFE who are in the midst of setting up their own commercial quality micro brewery.

Many thanks to all the AHB members who have entered. Numbers are up 51% on last year :eek: , and from the looks of it, the all grain sector has grown by even more.

Even though beer judging will be finished by Sunday 8 October, I have to ask you for a little bit of patience with the results coming out.

We have a 27 year tradition at ANAWBS that results are not published until the presentation day, which this year is Sunday 15 October.

We are also a wine show as well as a beer show, and the wine isn't even judged until next week - so it could be construed as a bit rude if we announced part of the winners list before the rest of the comp was even judged ;)

Best of luck to all who entered.

awrabest, stu

Great Stu I know you all put tons of work into this comp.
Next year I hope to be able to come over and help out.

Batz

Great Stu I know you all put tons of work into this comp.
Next year I hope to be able to come over and help out.

Batz

Cool, maybe you can even bring my cap back with you :lol:

Good luck to Wee Stu and all the judges, stewards, sandwich makers, data collectors and general lackies!

Running a brew comp is a difficult yet rewarding task that many people don't get a chance to see. I encourage anyone who has never been to a comp to contact the coordinators beforehand to offer your services and to have a go.

Cheers
Tim (SABSOSA secretary)

Good luck to Wee Stu and all the judges, stewards, sandwich makers, data collectors and general lackies!

Running a brew comp is a difficult yet rewarding task that many people don't get a chance to see. I encourage anyone who has never been to a comp to contact the coordinators beforehand to offer your services and to have a go.

Cheers
Tim (SABSOSA secretary)

Thanks for the kind words Tim.

This year it has been very encouraging to see sabsosa and anawbs increasingly functioning as complementary, not competing, events.

The current anawbs committee certainly wishes sabsosa well :super: .

So what happened, did a AHB brewer win this thing or what?

We'll all find out after the presentation ceremony next weekend, that's when results get announced.

Back