Anawbs Entries Close 29 September

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patience is a virtue, so they tell me.

One thing to be born in mind with ANAWBS is that it is a Wine as well as a beer show, and the wine hasn't even started to be judged yet. As a committee, we don't officially ratify all the results until the whole show has finished.

On Sunday night, after the presentations are done and dusted, I will post a list of placegetters and major trophy winners here. The rest of the results will hit the anawbs web site very shortly after. As soon as I know they are on the show web site, I will post that news here too.

Congrates stu week end off went off well, was great to meet every one. Changed my POV on comps, just listening to the feed back given by judges was more offen than not positive. plan on brewing for comps in future, was good to speak to the wine lads as well, both stu and these lads put on a great weekend.

Just a pitty had a friend from the country down, so couldnt make the wheatie both days.

An A+ for organisation, and all the effort put in by the organisers, stewarts and judges.

Yes, an A++ for effort from all the Stuarts involved.

Thanks for that Kai :D

But as jagerbrau's post acknowledges, this was no one man show.

At last count there were something like 25 judges, 15 stewards, 6 computer people, 2 BBQ operators, and no doubt others I have temporarily forgotten, involved in the beer judging alone.

And that is only the start of the story, as the wine comp (with 3 times as many entries :huh: ) only started judgiing today :eek:

Yeah as a steward on the Friday , I had a ball!
Met some other brewers, tasted a Sh*tload of beers, had an insight into what goes into a comp(heaps of effort), and got to learn a huge amount and tweak my palate with the help of the judges.

Judging is not the dream gig that many would imagine, many furrowed brows and serious discussions and comprehensive notes were generated.
stewarding was the best gig as i got to taste a bigger variety and pick and choose my tasters.Washing ,drying and confirming tallys in between pouring and tasting in the backroom was an excellent opportunity to improve my tasting skills.

get on board next year all you adelaieians

Back