Anawbs 2007 - Call For Entries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
Just a quick reminder that ANAWBS - the Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show is fast approaching for 2007.

This is the show's 28th year, making it by far the longest continually running amateur brewing show with an Australia wide entry base.

We are also home to the Mash Paddle competition - one of the most prestigious honours in all grain home brewing.

This year the show is affiliated to the national Tasting Australia event, which is an exciting departure for us, and should increase publicity for the event, and home brewing in general.

The show will again be held in Adelaide, with beer judging on Friday 5 and Sunday 7 October. Presentation day is Sunday 14 October.

Entries close on 28th September. This year we have also organised for free transport from 6 collection points in Melbourne (2), Sydney (2), Perth and Brisbane. Closing date for entry via these collection points is 24 September.

Full details of collection points, classes, style guidelines etc can be found on the ANAWBS website. Much of the detailed information can be found under the entry forms tab.

A show like this needs lots of help, so if anyone is interested in participating as a judge, steward or sponsor please contact me via email or PM.

IIPA and christmas beer arnt catagorys so none from me this year sorry stu

its all i have in bottles

cheers

My Kolsch is lagering in perpetration.

IIPA and christmas beer arnt catagorys so none from me this year sorry stu

its all i have in bottles

cheers

Just pour from your tap Tony, it's all i ever do ;)

Cheers Ross

yeah ross i know. I have tried to do this many times but the beer just seems to loose its life a bit after a few days in the bottle.

the gas comes out to equalise pressure and its not the same.

i dont know what im doing wrong ;)

cheers

Great that there's no need to post the entries from Sydney now. Will make all the difference. :super:

yeah ross i know. I have tried to do this many times but the beer just seems to loose its life a bit after a few days in the bottle.

the gas comes out to equalise pressure and its not the same.

i dont know what im doing wrong ;)

cheers

Just pick yourself up a carbonator cap - takes a few seconds to give it a boost, again it's what I do :)

cheers Ross

Is there any way i can get my beer from Tasmania up there? I have a harvest ale which I really want to get up there

Is there any way i can get my beer from Tasmania up there? I have a harvest ale which I really want to get up there

Sadly, dug, we haven't been able to come up with a free delivery option from Tasmania for this year.

We do receive regular entries from Tasmania however, in both wine and beer, so it can be done.

If relying on postal or courier services I would suggest you package them extremely well and get them off as early as possible to allow the beer to fully settle prior to judging.

Just a quick reminder that ANAWBS - the Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show is fast approaching for 2007.

Stu,

I wondering how my beer entries should be labelled.
Should I fill out individual entry forms for each entry and attach
them to each bottle, or should I mark each bottle cap with Entry No.
#1, #2, #3......, etc. and have ONE entry form listing their
corresponding beer style description?

The downloaded "Registration Conditions of Entry" list (point 5)
states that "Each entry must only be labelled with the official label
or a photocopy", yet the downloaded "Entry Form" states "You only need
to complete one copy of the entry form"

Am I missing the "Official Label" that I am unaware of?

Cheers.

Stu,

I wondering how my beer entries should be labelled.
Should I fill out individual entry forms for each entry and attach
them to each bottle, or should I mark each bottle cap with Entry No.
#1, #2, #3......, etc. and have ONE entry form listing their
corresponding beer style description?

The downloaded "Registration Conditions of Entry" list (point 5)
states that "Each entry must only be labelled with the official label
or a photocopy", yet the downloaded "Entry Form" states "You only need
to complete one copy of the entry form"

Am I missing the "Official Label" that I am unaware of?

Cheers.

I reckon you'd just fill out 1 entry form, ensuring that you write in however many multiples of $5 you need ie if you enter 3 beers (eg a kolsch, an alt & a barley wine), you'd pay a $5 rego fee + $15 (3x$5), making the total payable $20.

If you have a look at the bottom of the forms page (http://www.anawbs.org.au/index.php?mode=entry) there is a PDF file of bottle lables. Simply print this fill it in & stick 1 on each bottle.

Crozdog

I reckon you'd just fill out 1 entry form, ensuring that you write in however many multiples of $5 you need ie if you enter 3 beers (eg a kolsch, an alt & a barley wine), you'd pay a $5 rego fee + $15 (3x$5), making the total payable $20.

If you have a look at the bottom of the forms page (http://www.anawbs.org.au/index.php?mode=entry) there is a PDF file of bottle lables. Simply print this fill it in & stick 1 on each bottle.

Crozdog

Thanks Croz,

I totally missed that one!

ETB.

Actually it is a three stage process (the fact that we have a number of current, and more tellingly, past public servants on the committee may account for this ;) ) .

On the entry form tab - first seek out the registration form and conditions of entry - here: http://www.anawbs.org.au/downloads/2007_registration.pdf This lets us know who you are and how much your total entry cost is - basically $5 per beer entered plus $5 registration fee. If you don't have an ANAWBS Entry ID from previous comps - don't worry, we will either track you from our 2006 database or allocate you a new number as necessary.

2nd - go to the entry form here: http://www.anawbs.org.au/downloads/2007_entry_form.pdf. We use this form as the basis of the overall score sheet every competitor gets back at the end of the show. And it helps us input and tally important awards like best brewer of show.

Then, go the labels page crozdog identified here http://www.anawbs.org.au/downloads/2007_bottle_label.pdf cut out a label for each bottle and plonk it on a bottle.

Finally - make sure you have a spare bottle in reserve, crack it open and enjoy. After the form and label filling you deserve a drink. Or in other words - RDWHAHB :D

Next year our goal is to have on line registration of entries in place, which will hopefully streamline the process no end.

Thanks Stu, when it comes to the entry forms brewing the beer is the easy part. Forms always fill me full of fear. :D

I'd have thought you'd be used to them by now, Barry.

Just pick yourself up a carbonator cap - takes a few seconds to give it a boost, again it's what I do :)

cheers Ross

I have a couple of those caps but a little concerned that if I send em away with my entries I'd never see again? :huh:

I have a couple of those caps but a little concerned that if I send em away with my entries I'd never see again? :huh:

Devo,

You don't leave them on the bottles, just remove & replace with a normal cap :)

cheers Ross

really!?! and they stay charged/carbonated enuff? :huh:

Absolutely :) - unscrew a cap off a coke bottle & immediately replace - it won't lose anything ;)

Cheers Ross

Thanks Stu, when it comes to the entry forms brewing the beer is the easy part. Forms always fill me full of fear. :D

:lol:

I always thought Barry was the fella that had the trophies engraved for all the comps.

Hell........... i would stick my name on half of them if i had the chance too :p

cheers

Latest posts

Back