Anawbs 2007 - Call For Entries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished my Koelsch(style) and if it finishes last i will be happy after the disasters i encountered this arvo putting the damn thing down.Just have to sleep with the yeast to warm it up a bit.
Now what other styles can i brew and enter in this comp.

Cheers
Big D

Got a great amber ale to send over, should be just about perfect by judging.

Noticed in the rules that a beer may be moved to another class if deemed by the judges to be out of class, will there be any penalty on the brewer?

Looking forward to putting in an entry, love to get a bit of feedback on my brews!

Hi Ross

What pressure do you set your reg to?

Normal pouring presure or something higher?

Cheers

I set to 250kpa (it's max pressure rating) & give a quick swirl, rather than shake... Experience will get it exactly to your liking - Warning: Similar to a keg, if your bottle's full it takes more shaking/swirling than if the bottles half empty.

cheers Ross

As far as I know there would be no penalty. However, the chances of a beer actually being moved are generally pretty minimal. Maybe if you slip a pils in the stout class it'll happen.

I wonder if someone is able to offer some further info on rules, etc.? I have read the entry conditions but I'm still wanting to clarify something - Can an all kit receipe be entered?? Are the use of hops required??

I am considering putting an entry in, but I'm limited in my ingredients. I by no means expect to come anywhere near the quality of brews from others here, but it would just be interesting to see were my brewing skills lie.

Cheers!

I wonder if someone is able to offer some further info on rules, etc.? I have read the entry conditions but I'm still wanting to clarify something - Can an all kit receipe be entered?? Are the use of hops required??

I am considering putting an entry in, but I'm limited in my ingredients. I by no means expect to come anywhere near the quality of brews from others here, but it would just be interesting to see were my brewing skills lie.

Cheers!

All the anawbs entry classes, with the exception of the Mash Paddle (AG01 - Koelsch), are open. This means that kits are allowed and you don't have to add hops to your kit.

I encourage you to enter - it's great getting feedback on your beers. Any well made beer which conforms to the style guidelines will score well, regardless of whether it is made from a kit.

Great! Now I will have to get busy...thanks goatherder! Just hope I can get one sent in on time :blink:

:beerbang:

Just a reminder to everyone that entries sent to or lodged in Adelaide close on 28 September, and entries to the other drop off points in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane close on 24 September.

Looking forward to another great year.

awrabest, stu

Im there Stu.Just having a hard time reminding my beers of the deadline but im sure they will sqeeze through in time for the interstate drop off time.

Cheers
Big D

I don't wanna pay other people to drink my beer! :blink:

hehe maybe next year ;)

Must be about time to stop lagering the kolsch and get it carbonated.

Must be about time to stop lagering the kolsch and get it carbonated.

Thats what i was thinking so i bottled it last night.

Mine went into the bottle on Sunday.

bling junkies! :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, hoping to be able to announce a nice little incentive for Mash Paddle entrants soon.

Not that people enter for the bling, the main thing is to get constructive feedback on the results of all your hard work.

feedback......... humpf

BLING BLING BLING :D

DOnt know if i can brew a Kolsch in time.

cheers

the main thing is to get constructive feedback on the results of all your hard work
:lol:
And sharing a few beers with peers is useless feedback unless the same person is wearing a badge that says "Judge"

Tony rests my case :D

if she can spell BJCP and recite yeast numbers rather than names bigD :)

Back