Anawbs 2007 - Call For Entries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's, and always will be, all about the beer.

In the past Mash Paddle entries had to have a yeast sediment in the bottle. I suppose to try and prove some authenticity.

Is this still the case?

I am interested to know as I plan to bottle mine from a filtered keg.

In the past Mash Paddle entries had to have a yeast sediment in the bottle. I suppose to try and prove some authenticity.

Is this still the case?

I am interested to know as I plan to bottle mine from a filtered keg.

That was only for the very first mash paddle, I believe you had to even quote the direction the wind was blowing on the day you brewed it for that one;)

There is nothing in this year's Mash Paddle rules specifying a yeast sediment. Given that kolsch may be filtered to achieve a brilliant clarity, such a stipulation would seem redundant. Which doesn't mean it won't reappear in future years - the Paddle is different in every incarnation ;) .

For Paddle entrants, I am also pleased to confirm that, courtesy of our friends at Mashmaster, the Mashmaster Mash Paddle winner for 2007 will receive a ChillOut MKIII chiller as well as their own customised mash paddle this year.

Indeed, everyone who enters the beer competition in ANAWBS this year (not just the Mash Paddle), can expect a little something extra in their results package, courtesy of Mashmaster.

Don't forget, entries to Adelaide close on Friday 28 September, and to the drop off points in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane on Monday 24 September. Full delivery details can be found on the ANAWBS web site

Best of luck to everyone.

After last years debacle
I wont be entering again

Franko

No fruit catagory? I have a sour-mashed raspberry wit that I'd like some feedback on. Should I bother entering it as a Wit, or will it simply be panned for being out of style? :huh:

Very sorry but I'm very short on beer this year, and have nothing brewed to a specific style. Next time around I'll make some brews to spec and enter them.

No fruit catagory? I have a sour-mashed raspberry wit that I'd like some feedback on. Should I bother entering it as a Wit, or will it simply be panned for being out of style? :huh:

Hi Insight. Your beer will be judged against the style guide for the category it is entered in. However, you may get some feedback from the judges that could be of use to you.

Time flies.

Just as friendly reminder. If you want to take advantage of the free transport from drop off points in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane you have to get them there by Monday 24 Sept 2007.

If you are not sure where to lodge your beers, here are the details:

Melbourne

Winequip Products
117-119 Sydney Rd
Coburg Vic 3058
Ph: 9383 4033

Australian Home Brewing
24 Eskay Rd
Oakleigh South, Vic 3167
Ph: 9579 1644

Sydney

Brewcraft
116 Victoria Road
Rozelle, NSW 2039
Ph: 9555 2294

Cooperage Home Brew
Unit 2, 895 The Horsley Dve
Smithfield NSW
Ph: 9604 6655

Brisbane

Brewcraft
18 Corrie Street
Chermside, QLD 4032
Ph: 3861 5837

Perth

West Brew

Unit 17, 70 Roberts St
Osborne Park WA 6017
9242 2059

Less than a week, but still plenty of time, if you are quick ;)

Thanks Stu,

for some reason I thought it was a week later than that. I will get a move on.

Thirsty

Thanks Stu,

for some reason I thought it was a week later than that. I will get a move on.

Thirsty

For a second you had me worried too TB, but it is assuredly 24/9 for Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Perth drop off ponts.

Looking forward to your beers o' thirsty one.

awrabest, stu

Thanks Stu,

I dropped my winning entries off to Brewcraft last Saturday. B) :ph34r: They had 1 other entry there.

I'll be shipping mine direct :p

Is anyone entering a group brew day beer .........as their own :)

Is anyone entering a group brew day beer .........

Maybe not as daft as it sounds. Group or syndicate entries are valid, provided they are openly entered as such and meet the rest of the entry conditions.

In fact syndicates and groups are so common in the wine side of the show that we explicitly cater for them on the registration form:

"Exhibitor Name: Name or Preferred Name, Group or Syndicate Name (For Results Book, medals etc.)
Maximum of 32 characters including spaces."

"....... as their own :)", however, could stretch friendships if discovered, and possibly contavene condition of entry number 8:

"The Convenor may disqualify an entry if it is considered the entry is falsely represented. The exhibitor
of any such entry may have all other entries disqualified from the competition."

Did I ever mention we had a lot of past and present public servants on the committee? ;)

Dropping my entries off tomorrow Stu.One less than planned due to the fact that i dont want to kill any public servants with it.Didnt quite turn out as anticipated.

Cheers
Big D

:p wee stu, I was just having a dig, its a long running joke amoungst a couple of us in the ISB

:p wee stu, I was just having a dig, its a long running joke amoungst a couple of us in the ISB

Fairy nuff, I should know better than to intercede in family disputes ;)

Managed to get my entries boxed up and dropped of to Winequip this morning before the Monday cut off.

I better have another taste of my Kolsch this weekend to see if it is up to scratch. I think it is going to be a bit young for the competition. I seem to do this every year. Last year my Paddle entry had only been in the bottle for three weeks when it was judged.

Managed to get my entries boxed up and dropped of to Winequip this morning before the Monday cut off.

Thanks for reminding me devo.

Anyone else planning on entering via the 6 new drop off points in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth or Brisbane - you have to get them there by close of business on Monday 24/9/07

Full details on the web site : www.anawbs.org.au

Best of luck to everyone.

awrabest, stu

Back