An Opportunity

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnw

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have managed to win a good mate over with the joy of home crafted beers. I have only ever brewed from a can and am moving into all grain this coming week. I have promised him it should be even better than the canned method. He is rather confident in my ability (confidence has only ever been expressed after a few frothies) and has asked me to brew the beer for his engagement party (requested once sober).

He is marrying an Italian girl and as is mandatory with the Italian celebrations, there will be a lot of people there. We will be building a kegerator in the coming weeks and the party is about 6 weeks away.

I will be getting an Urn and BIABing. Can you guys suggest a few simple AG recipes that will win the masses over and be a great drop by the time the party comes around. And also have a decent margin of error as i havent BIABed before.

Ta for your help

DrinkBeer

Post on the biab thread, you are sure to get many great recipes to suit your experience.Keep it simple and low in IBU's and you are a winner.

GB

Hi Guys,

I have managed to win a good mate over with the joy of home crafted beers. I have only ever brewed from a can and am moving into all grain this coming week. I have promised him it should be even better than the canned method. He is rather confident in my ability (confidence has only ever been expressed after a few frothies) and has asked me to brew the beer for his engagement party (requested once sober).

He is marrying an Italian girl and as is mandatory with the Italian celebrations, there will be a lot of people there. We will be building a kegerator in the coming weeks and the party is about 6 weeks away.

I will be getting an Urn and BIABing. Can you guys suggest a few simple AG recipes that will win the masses over and be a great drop by the time the party comes around. And also have a decent margin of error as i havent BIABed before.

Ta for your help

DrinkBeer

I'd check the recipedb and maybe go with a DrSmurto recipe - I've done a few different ones and all went down well.
My second AG was DrSmurto's Landlord - simple to do and went down a treat!!

Obviously with your time restrictions stick to ales, a good lager would most likely take too long.

Back