Amount Of Sparge Water?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyone

Reaction score
i was wondering roughly how much sparge water to use to end up with 20l in the fermenter. say for a recipe with 11l of mash water in 4kg of grain.any one with a rough idea would be welcome as the first brew was too concentrated and the second too diluted
cheers

crankyone said:
i was wondering roughly how much sparge water to use to end up with 20l in the fermenter. say for a recipe with 11l of mash water in 4kg of grain.any one with a rough idea would be welcome as the first brew was too concentrated and the second too diluted
cheers
[post="119357"][/post]​

crankyone,

Invest in a brewing programme - Beersmith & Promash are the market leaders & will only set you back less than a carton of megaswill. Both give you a lengthy free trial as well.

cheers Ross

My last batch was 20L - I started with 30L of water, boiled the night before to remove chlorine etc. Used 11L for mash liquor and the rest for sparging. After loss to grain in the mash tun and loss during the boil I ended up with 20L.

It will probably take a couple of brews to get it right for your setup. Work out how far you are out this time and adjust for the next brew.

Latest posts

Back