All Round Yeast; Porter, Esb, Irish

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had one choice of English yeast it would be 1187. Milds, bitters, ipa, American ipa, stout, the list goes on!

I like it because of it's esters and relatively low attenuation.

This one reads up pretty good, highly flocculent. Is this the most flocculent English strain?
1099 might just be my next purchase - I want them all.

id bet on 1968 for that. Ive also used 1968 for these styles and have had positive results. As long as you dont run into under attenuation you end up with decent malty beers.

Cheers.

WY1026 cask ale would be close to the most flocculant.

It just took my Imperial Landlord down from 1.082 to 1.020 in 48 hours and is starting to floc out. :eek:

But i still vote Ringwood. :D

here i was thinkin i had the problem solved, then someone throws in 1882, it sonds great, high floc, high att, malty profile.... can anyone reccomend this strain???

cheers

You're going to have to try them out and base the decision on your own observations.

i know, just hoping to get one that is a cracker straight up and just sticking with it. anyone else, last time.

Irish Ale (1084) reportedly the original Guinness strain, probably one of the best all round ale yeasts going.

MHB

it sounds good, but i dont have a filter setup so seeking one with good floc. cheers

Latest posts

Back