All Grain Or Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AG or Extract brewer?

• Extract

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Grain

• Bit of both

• Total voters
I have never picked anyone who's phrased it that way, I've only commented on people whom have said that all K&B beers are crap or something similarly disparaging.

Like I said, name names, quote posts.

And thanks Kong boards like these need personality, otherwise people have zero reason to come back.

If you dont have the odd flamboyant person like myself people quickly loose interest, I actually suggested myself for a mod but was shot down.

You have a very high opinion of yourself, quite unfounded. I come back to read about what is happening in the Australian HB world, not to read the posts of someone trying hard in an attempt to be 'flamboyant' or whatever. Perhaps with a little less posting and a little more reading, you may find it worth coming here for more than just trolling yourself.

You have a very high opinion of yourself, quite unfounded. I come back to read about what is happening in the Australian HB world, not to read the posts of someone trying hard in an attempt to be 'flamboyant' or whatever. Perhaps with a little less posting and a little more reading, you may find it worth coming here for more than just trolling yourself.

Hey, I dont troll on this board at all buddy and if I did I trust the mods, would start freely deleting my posts, however putting a bit of personality in what I do post can make a bland post into a great post.

I've frequently assisted people with query's.

Just pointing out that the AG vs everyone else thread has been done to death and usualy ends ugly. The AG brewers come off either as condescending prats or arrogant bastards and "everyone" else get deffensive. The more reassuring the AG's are that they are not being denegrating, the more denegrated everyone else feels and the more defensive they get. It's just a downward spiral from there.

Just call me Nostradamus. Even Blind Freddy could see this one coming!

Mods please shut this thread down, this dead horse has been flogged enough.

Cheers
MAH

I can't bring myself to shut it down, drew's delusional self importance has me in fits. :lol:
If the flaming has started........Your all fat and you mothers wear army boots ;)

I don't have a flame suit....go ahead and flame my arse back but be carefull or i'll fart and singe your eyebrows.

Alcohol fueled brewtality.
Jayse

I can't bring myself to shut it down, drew's delusional self importance has me in fits. :lol:
If the flaming has started........Your all fat and you mothers wear army boots ;)

I don't have a flame suit....go ahead and flame my arse back but be carefull or i'll fart and singe your eyebrows.

Alcohol fueled brewtality.
Jayse

click, click, click bugger my lighters buggered. ;) hang on I'll be back in a second.

Hey, I dont troll on this board at all buddy and if I did I trust the mods, would start freely deleting my posts, however putting a bit of personality in what I do post can make a bland post into a great post.

I've frequently assisted people with query's.

Crumbs!!!! not only have we been told how we should be brewing, we also get told what makes a great post, as well as an insight into personalities and paranoia. The diversity and quality of what you can learn on this forum is truly staggering........

redgums :D

I'm just wondering if DrewCarey82's form of humorous attention-seeking may lead him to self-mutilation or something similar? :wacko:

I'm standing by. :lol:

Warren -

I'm just wondering if gathering together to throw rocks at one person reminds me of something?

If only I hadn't killed so many brain cells

Cheers

I am still at a loss to see what I've done thats so terrible. I merely said that I dont like seeing kit beers being reffered to as rubbish.... and that I think its a myth to assume that all AG's are better as a rule then kits or partials"

Yet apparantly now I am supposed to slash my wrists cause people are being smartarses to me.

And if having a personality is a crime to some people then they must be real sad bastards.

I brew partials. Occasionally make a real beauty.

Oops, sorry for the thread highjack.

By all means, keep this thread going. It just gets better and better.

I'm off to find my combat boots.

I brew partials. Occasionally make a real beauty.

Oops, sorry for the thread highjack.

At the risk of been on topic, I do some fresh worts and some straight kits, and some specialty grains, and one partial - heh' they are all different - they are all better than any commercial under $30 a carton. I've had duds from all areas. Like all things that involve taste, one mans is not another mans. Difference is a fact, better or worse is an opinion based on preference.

I got hooked on brewing when I tasted my very first beer, which was a Coopers Lager kit made with a 1kg pack of Coopers brewing sugar (the stuff with maltodextrin in it).

I still remember the anticipation as the bottles conditioned, then cracking that first tallie on a hot February afternoon just after mowing the lawn. And it was beer! Real beer, and at least as good as pot of XXXX at The Glen.

My wife knew there and then that she had created a monster by giving me a Coopers homebrew setup for my birthday.

Spot on Colin.

Good on coopers for making an easy kit to start off with, The barrel, the first brew ingredients & the PET bottles. The first brew is always (well, mostly) a top one!
18months and 12 brews on my wife now calls me a beer nerd.
Time to start stirring the cauldron tonight... bring on the Xmas lager!

p.s. K&K's are too easy, and you've gotta start somewhere. An AG will happen sometime, but I'm still having fun!

That fermenter is still with me ... its my mash tun. That particular version of the Coopers starter setup was really great. HDPE plastic bucket fermenter with clip-on lid, tap and airlock, can o' lager, brewing sugar, hydrometer, a butterfly wing capper, a pack of priming sugar sachets (one per stubby), and a cheesy "how to brew" video with a cute blonde in it.

Back