All Grain Or Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AG or Extract brewer?

• Extract

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Grain

• Bit of both

• Total voters
BUMP: Flame suit on and don't care :blink:
I am about to give away, tip-out or whatever my [what i THOUGHT OVER A YEAR AGO] was good EXTRACT, Partial mash etc etc beer in bottles,it is CRAP compared to the now over 25 AG I have done , even my worst AG is WAY better then ANY TIN Sh$T I have ever done ;) most I will ditch [tip-out], I have sh$t loads in the shed and I can't drink them any more :blink: good as they where for extract, kits and bits etc, not one or from anyone comes close, I don't care what anyone says I still taste the extract 'taste' even in the [so called] best partials ..Whatever :blink:
They don't come close to any, and I mean any [And I have sampled the best from everywhere] simple and well made [piss easy] AG,IMOP.
Or is it it?

gotta say bindi, couldn't agree more
i've still got a shed full of extract sh!t and the real beer doesn't last long at all.
i chill and open a bottle every now and again, pour one glass, have a sip, laugh and tip the rest down the sink.
what was i thinking?
at least now i can walk through any supermarket without checking out the HB section.

on the topic of cheap AG, DON'T buy pre cracked grain from an HBS if you want to make cheap beer. buy a $40 bag of ale malt and some mid range a/a hops. make 5x 5kg of malt brews.
$8 per brew for malt is cheaper than a $14 crappy tin of goop.

Well today I saw my first full AG mash brew,

Thanks Doc and the HBG for letting me see the light....

I am a little into the drinking phase now, and enjoying myself, so please forgive the fat fingers...

Am really looking forward to creating some good ales like Bretts, which was amazing. Not to mention Doc's tapped beer.

I can only hope they turn out half as good.

(Do I look Gay??? My wife just yelled out from down stairs to come running to see Davids(Big brother evictee) Boyfriend.)

Whay is happening to the world

Cheers

HK

Well today I saw my first full AG mash brew,

Thanks Doc and the HBG for letting me see the light....

I am a little into the drinking phase now, and enjoying myself, so please forgive the fat fingers...

Am really looking forward to creating some good ales like Bretts, which was amazing. Not to mention Doc's tapped beer.

I can only hope they turn out half as good.

(Do I look Gay??? My wife just yelled out from down stairs to come running to see Davids(Big brother evictee) Boyfriend.)

Whay is happening to the world

Cheers

HK

Sure was a great day. It's kinda embarrassing pulling out a K&K beer, (while I still think it's okay), when there's all this fantastic AG beer to be sampled!

The next day I cooked up my first wetpak, a summer wheat... I'll get to AG eventually!
Pete :party:

This w/end I'll polish off the rest of the XMAS swap case, including my own....

Have to say if nothing else all this working with grains comming up with recipes and the brewing itself is much funner then the tip in and stir.

Actually feel like I am creating something rather then making something as easy as cordial!

It is a bit more fun DC - I think thats why I wanted to do AG. I did my first full AG about a week and a half ago, so its not ready to drink unfortunately - but I cant wait to taste it. I think the "sense of achievement" you get from working out the recipe to tasting it is well worth the extra time involved - then you can truely say "I made this"

:beerbang:

Paul

Back