• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

All Grain Gear Possibly For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datman510

Reaction score
So.......... I am building a new house and have the following issues;

A. I haven't had time to brew for the last 6 months and doubt i will have time to brew for the next 12 months if at all.
B. I cant be arsed moving the gear when i move house.
C. The extra cash would be handy
D. Am kind of going off the hobby anyway.

SOOOOOOOOOOO the equipment i have is as follows.

A. 50lt round esky with a stainless false bottom.
B. A copper coil for cooling.
C. Random bucket (used for random bucketing)

esky.JPG

D. Rambo Burner with high pressure reg.
E. A custom made stainless steel kettle (its a replica of a CUB) with tap thread welded in and top cut off.

kettle.JPG

F. Lots of random stuff inexpensive stuff like hydrometers, spatulas etc
G. 2 Kegs, a 6kg gas bottle (full) with reg, one of those stainless steel guns, and hoses and fittings to run 1 keg.
H. Heaps of bottles (for the peasants who can be bothered) and a capper (lever type the name slips my mind cost about $50 new?
I. 2 x Fermenters.
J. 1 x 9kg bbq gas bottle (not full, otherwise known as empty)
K. I have an Old kick ass fridge too.

My Question to yous guys is

A. how much would this gear be worth (roughly)
B. Is anyone interested in engaging in negotiations for the gear.
C. Not interested in separating (other than someone taking everything except a hydrometer)

I know more photos would be helpful but like the title says im just getting an idea atm.

Thanking you in advance.

Larry

E. A custom made stainless steel kettle (its a replica of a CUB) with tap thread welded in and top cut off.
Larry
priceless!

as for the gear are you wanting to sell it off seperately or as a single package. you'll get more $ for bits and peices but its more effort.
why not package the AG brew rig gear up as a pack and put a $ figure against it.
list the rest as individual sale items.

edit: beaten by Fents.
also i didnt notice your 2nd 'c' point about not wanting to seperate

2nd edit: if you seperate id be interested in 'G' and 'J' and possibly 'K'

C. Not interested in separating (other than someone taking everything except a hydrometer)

I know more photos would be helpful but like the title says im just getting an idea atm.

Thanking you in advance.

Larry

I would think that alot of the AG guys on here have most of the stuff your selling...i'd be thinking it'd be a good pick-up for an AG Newbie...howver...be a fair outlay...if you add up all you have spent ( use the sponsors for a guesstimate ) that's give you a rough idea of what you've spent...then decide what you want for it as a package...my 2C

If you were thinking of breaking it up and selling it all separately....I'd be interested in the Rambo Burner with high pressure reg.
Cheers
Ferg

So.......... I am building a new house and have the following issues;

Thanking you in advance.

Larry

Price should be how much you spent on buying the bits + how much time you spent making it - the convenience of having someone come and pick it up.

I guess think to yourself (knowing how much work went into it) that if someone else were advertising it and you were thinking of buying it: at what point would you consider it a steal and at what point would you consider it a rip off and use the two extremes to make a price that's fair to you and fair to the purchaser.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I'd consider negotiating if I could possibly afford anything but even if I could I have no way of collecting it all and my system is doing ok at the minute.

the problem is i cant really remember what i bought everything for............ so i shall guess and you guys can boo and hiss at me if i am way off

A. Custom made kettle....... not a whole lot maybe $50 for the welding.
B. Esky (mash tun). $100?? plus the falsie?? plus some hose and taps and stuff. i reckon it would owe me around $200
C. Random bucket. $10
D. Copper coil... maybe 80 bucks in copper
E. 9kg gas bottle $40
F. Rambo burner $170???????
G. 6 kg gas bottle for kegs, i bought it outright for around $295???????
H. Kegs, Gun and Reg...... please help.
I. Fermenters, $100 for both??? probably less
J. Ramdon stuff would be around $150???? including pen thermometer.
K. Capper $55 - $65 bucks
L. Bottles??? $100 (stupidly bought them from a H/brew shop
M. Old fridge...... probably owes me $6000 in inefficient running costs.

So its up around the $1100 mark??? but on top of that is the kegs reg and gun.....

Oh yeah and i can deliver within reason to Metro Melbourne if required

Definatly looking at getting into AG...kinda comes down to the price though :huh:

hey there, the prices i was writing down was just what i think they cost me. PM me with and offers or negotiations.

I'd be interested in the two kegs that I assume are cornys and in decent condition.

OK OK OK I will kick off the bidding..

$200.

Will you post to Brisbane.

the problem is i cant really remember what i bought everything for............ so i shall guess and you guys can boo and hiss at me if i am way off

A. Custom made kettle....... not a whole lot maybe $50 for the welding.
B. Esky (mash tun). $100?? plus the falsie?? plus some hose and taps and stuff. i reckon it would owe me around $200
C. Random bucket. $10
D. Copper coil... maybe 80 bucks in copper
E. 9kg gas bottle $40
F. Rambo burner $170???????
G. 6 kg gas bottle for kegs, i bought it outright for around $295???????
H. Kegs, Gun and Reg...... please help.
I. Fermenters, $100 for both??? probably less
J. Ramdon stuff would be around $150???? including pen thermometer.
K. Capper $55 - $65 bucks
L. Bottles??? $100 (stupidly bought them from a H/brew shop
M. Old fridge...... probably owes me $6000 in inefficient running costs.

So its up around the $1100 mark??? but on top of that is the kegs reg and gun.....

Oh yeah and i can deliver within reason to Metro Melbourne if required

Most estimates look ok (at least the products I'm familiar with) but unless the fermenters are oversize or steel or something, $100 looks a bit steep for average size. Are they 40-60 litre ones? (makes more sense and probably worth advertising them as such if that's the case).

If you can make the price good, someone will snap it up. It's a good setup for someone wanting to crack into a new level of brewing.

yeah yoour right about the fermentors

THESE ARE just estimates of what they owe me not what i am selling them for just yet so be patient people............ still keen to offload it in one batch

sent a pm larry
also ill come pick it up if its going to be cheaper haha :p

Hi Larry,

PM sent if you can't get a buyer for the lot, i will take the fridge (for fermenting purposes) and the 50L cooler. I am also interested in the copper chiller. My PM also said i was interested in the pot but on second view i realise there isn't one :blink: .

Cheers

Bowie

Back