Aldi Has A Smoker On Sale Next Thursay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
For all the non-DIYers Aldi has a gas powered smoker on sale next week, it is a really nice looking unit 34" tall and reasonably priced at $199. I'll be checking it out for certain.

cheers

Browndog

I looked, but all I could find was a 4 burner hooded BBQ with a side burner for next week.

I looked, but all I could find was a 4 burner hooded BBQ with a side burner for next week.

It is on page 5 of their latest catalogue Pete, it wasn't in their wekkly email either.

cheers

Browndog

It is on page 5 of their latest catalogue Pete, it wasn't in their wekkly email either.

cheers

Browndog

Just got the latest catalogue (on sale from thurs 26th Nov) and no smoker in that one....Maybe there not stocking them in ACT & NSW....Dooohhh

For those without a calatogue here is a scan

aldismoker.jpg

cheers

Browndog

You see now, that's odd, because all of the other stuff is on the online store. But in NSW, the smoker is replaced with $199 Grill. Hmmmm

If anyone does buy it (not in our catalogue either so it wont be me..) perhaps they could take some detailed photos so the DIYers amongst us can reverse engineer??

If anyone does buy it (not in our catalogue either so it wont be me..) perhaps they could take some detailed photos so the DIYers amongst us can reverse engineer??

We should make one to share between the two of us :). Preferably with the ability to cold smoke.

An old fridge (the rounded ones) make good smokers, they are steel lined, not plastic. My old man used one of these for years. Easy to make it into a cold smoker as well.

Batz

Got off my arse and went down to the Chermside Aldi today - all sold out :angry: .

Have you seen the Weber Bullets?

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/tour.html

Similar sort of thing..

You can get the 18 inch model in Oz now at good BBQ shops but webber australia are not bringing in the 20 inch unit at the moment as they havent tested them. The issue they told me is that as they burn coal you cannot sustain te heat source long enough???? Doesnt seem to be a problem in the states though?

I am thinking about getting one these units - does any one have one???

I have seen people use part of a 44 drum to leathen there weber to turn it in to a smoker

Merc's, member Kook has one with a few of the USA bbq mods done to it I think,

awesome stuff...i will give it a go next week will let you all know how i go and if there are any dramas with the aldi gps

You can get the 18 inch model in Oz now at good BBQ shops but webber australia are not bringing in the 20 inch unit at the moment as they havent tested them. The issue they told me is that as they burn coal you cannot sustain te heat source long enough???? Doesnt seem to be a problem in the states though?

I am thinking about getting one these units - does any one have one???

I've got a Weber bullet - drop me a PM if you want any details, but I've used both lump charcoal and heat beads with no problems. Heat beads give the most stable, consistent temperature though. I can hold 110C for 6-8 hours on a single load of heat beads. For smoke wood I use apple wood chunks (free from your local friendly orchard owner).

Nah, why pay so much? Have my UDS finished (ugly drum smoker) made out of a 44gal drum. Drum cost me nothing, bought a few hinges and stuff and use my webber hood and grill. Most expensive thing was the digi thermometer at $33.

Have done a cook in, and will be tackling some brisket in the new year. Go the low and slow BBQ ...

Scotty

Friend of mine has a "Big Green Egg"

Now that thing is a unit - mind you he is Canadian and those guys take their BBQ/smoking seriously. This guy is a damn whizz with BBQ, he served roasted rib eye one time... done so that one end of the roast was rare and the other well done.. the guests at his party simply picked slices from the end that suited their tastes the best. Absolutely perfect... and his ribs are unmentionably good (he will not give me a recipe though... *******)

Beats the hell out of my cardboard box smoker thats for sure....

Latest posts

Back