Aldi drill powered pump on sale this week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwil7034

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1401885062693.jpg

Might be worth checking out for wort transfer...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would not use that without finding out some more info first.

Need to know what temperature liquids it is able handle and if it is "food grade".

My guess, is a $14 pump is not going to meet those requirements we need.

Think it could be used safely with sanitiser? A mate was thinking it would be good to put a post on one of these to clean our his beer lines/taps fridge. Bit over the top, but you could even go as far as putting a spray ball on it for cleaning kegs and fermenters, or a cheap mini pressure washer for bottles?

You probably could, but for almost the same cost I would just set up a little brown pump or similar, at least we know they work and it also saves messing around with a drill and having to tolerate the noise it makes.

I really don't see any advantage in a drill powered pump.

EDIT: Referring to post above, not the OP.

Florian said:
You probably could, but for almost the same cost I would just set up a little brown pump or similar, at least we know they work and it also saves messing around with a drill and having to tolerate the noise it makes.

I really don't see any advantage in a drill powered pump.

EDIT: Referring to post above, not the OP.
I agree with Florian, looks like a big hassle to me. There's plenty of cheap pumps out there that would do a better job IMO.

Batz

Who is going to be the monkey that has to sit there and hold the drill and pump.

That c&%/ would lie about how long he held it.

Then blame someone else.

lol Stu

he may be a monkey but he's trying to do whats needed.... (imo)

if the pump self primes they can be handy for moving stuff around

He's a big eared monkey and comes across like a dick, but he's just trying to clean up a previous governments mess...

Maheel said:
lol Stu

he may be a monkey but he's trying to do whats needed.... (imo)

if the pump self primes they can be handy for moving stuff around
i find a sack truck good for moving stuff around :ph34r:

manson81 said:
He's a big eared monkey and comes across like a dick, but he's just trying to clean up a previous governments mess...
well...he is doing a fantastic job so far....especially if your rich...

Latest posts

Back