Alcoholic?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drag

Reaction score
Just a general question.
What is a alcoholic?
1)One that drinks every day after beer o,clock
2)One that drinks any time of the day
3)One that dosnt know when to stop
If you feel the need please add to the list if I have missed (YOU) out.
Any one been to AA lately would probibly know this and there definition is we all are.
Matt

Are you kidding?

You join up two weeks ago and post crap like this on the board?

I know its a rude word around here but I keep getting told I am one so I was looking for some suport from some fellow drinkers.
No personal attack at any one

Alcoholism cna be defined in many diifferent ways
Gold standard tests dont really exist, but guides include:
Inability to abstain from use of alcohol for 24 consecutive hours
Signs of Physical dependence: IE not drinking will casues symptoms of withdrawal, ie tremor, mood changes, etc
Unwillingness to cease drinking in the face of evidence of organ damage.
In broad based terms, more people on this website should be concerned about substance abuse rather than dependance, If you are drinking more than 4 standard drink per day over any considerable timeframe, etc

This is a really good topic for a drinking forum, but as this is a brewing forum I find it misplaced at best!
James

If feeling sorry for your beer by not being drunk therefore fulfilling it's purpose, so you drink it makes you an alcoholic, then yes i am. I just spent 6 days away from my bar, and although i had LCPA to drink, i felt a hollowness inside...

Jah ve= I am
:beer: :chug: :icon_vomit:

Sorry only after beer o'clock

quickly change topic :(

i drink beer at anytime of the day. Sometimes ill have one for breakfast on the weekend. Sometimes i cant sleep and wake up at 2.30 in the morning and get bored so ill pour myself a beer and then back to bed i go.

I seen in someones signature "an alcoholic is someone who drinks more than you do" I believe in that :D

Vote to move this to off topic. This is a brewing forum about brewing and enjoying beer, not abusing it.

Alcoholics don't drink craft brewed beer, end of topic :excl:

:huh:

m'kay.....strange thing to post on a brewing forum...

But anyway, I read somewhere the difference between drinkers and alcoholics is the alcoholics go to meetings :p

Why am I even looking at this thread :angry:

I make 2x65 litre batches of 1.040 beer in a day. The beer lasts 3 months. Does that make me an alcoholic or do I like alcohol in my beveridge?

cheers

Darren

Geez Darren, I'd be getting withdrawals if I only brewed every once every three months. Does that make me a brewaholic?

it makes you drinking only 2 different beers for three months!
let's swap some kegs! :)

i have 12 kegs so usually have 4 different beers. If you have pin-locks I im willing to swap?

cheers

Darren

Sorry, my fault, wrong section, wrong question, wrong forumn.
Just trying to figure out weather im as bad as I think I am or just normal out in the wide world.
I better go log on to AA now.
Hang on I just need another drink first.

i prefer to call myself a drunk as i do not attend meetings

Back