Alcohol Yield - Winter and Summer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha1951

Reaction score
I have been brewing alcohol for many years now, and no matter what have done, the yield in winter is roughly half of what I get in summer. I have tried different yeasts, heat pad, blankets, but without success. Does anyone have a solution?

My yield seems to becomes depleted in at twice the rate in summer to winter, regardless of what yeast I use, thats all I know.

Unless you are making alcohol for fuel or cleaning purposes, I'd be more worried about the flavour profile rather than alcohol content.

Like the other blokes have surmised, I would guess you're talking about distilling?
Our site rules state no discussion of distillation, due to the illegality unless you're licenced and approved (which is almost always only commercial guys)
But when we talk about production of alcoholic beverages in general, I agree with peteru, quality over quantity imho

Also, go see Matt & Laurie at Country Brewer in Toormina if you have any brewing related issues
The bloke in Nambucca wasn't too helpful the few times I stopped in

thread locked due to distilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back