Alcohol Dementia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To get back on topic I think Tiny tim hit the nail on the head. I was told by a navy doctor years ago that drinking alcohol causes you to lose Vitamin B1, thiamine and also nicatinamide I think he said. This is another reason smokers seem to churn through heaps of extra durries while they are drinking, again just another reason.

I have always found that replacing the vitamins before, during and after a big night helps me heaps, and I am the king of the hangover.

Proudly sponsored by Berocca.

Henno

I think as for Alcohol Related Dementia, the old everything in moderation, is a big key here . I watched my farther die of this. His condition was chronic, scans of his brain reveled the full extent of the damage with severe frontal lobe damage similar to that of someone who had sufferd head trauma at the age of 69 he did not know who he was. but in saying that he did drink a bottle of scotch for breaky each day for many years. me I love my AG brewing but only drink on friday,saturday and sunday nights thats my moderation and two cents.

Cheers

Just drink lots of Vitamalz.
s_b9b529749651c92bebd67210cacbff18.jpg

Very good!.

What got me thinking about this was the bit on SBS the other night about foetal alcohol syndrome. Very interesting stuff. They did a little test with an egg in a glass and tipped in some Vodka. The alcohol started to cook the egg white and this is whats happening in FAS.
Anyway I am sure that beer is fine but its the alcohol in it that can mess us up if consumed in vast quantities.

Steve

Ahhh, yes... this sort of accurate, impartial "science" has been applied to marijuana and other drugs for decades - pretty much ever since "niggers will do it and rape white women" became an unacceptable excuse.

Now this same "science" is targetting alcohol consumption.

<_<

Latest posts

Back