Ahoy Sydney Brewers Its Finally Safe To Brew Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
Guys.

For sydney siders, the next 10 days the highest temp is 23 degree's so an excellent time to get on your ales :)

I shall be throwing 2 on this weekend to be sure......

Have fun fellas.

i think i'll squeeeeze in an ANZAC brew this long weekend...
i think an aussie pale Ale would be suitable.

I've got Monday off and will be brewing an American Amber-Red Ale.
Temps don't really bother me though :p

Doc

MVZOOM said:
Yaaah, I have a Sparkling Ale going down tonight. Last ale for the season methinks.

Although, I'm 50% of the way getting my very cool, 8 zone, PC controlled digital temp controller sorted.

Check this puppy out - http://www.innotech.com.au/html/main.asp?s...trollers&id=151

:super:

Cheers - Mike
[post="121335"][/post]​

That's very cool. if you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? Or was it a score from work?

Cheers
Dave

Airgead said:
That's very cool. if you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? Or was it a score from work?

Cheers
Dave
[post="121337"][/post]​

Gidday Dave,

I have no idea of the cost etc.. as it's via a freind who works in the HVAC industry. To be fair, considering the capabilities of the thing (I only need like 2% of what it can do) and the way you control / program it, it looks pretty pricey.

Way, way overkill to control a simple fridge and heatpad - but why the hell not!! :p

I have to build boxes, get relays, and find a power source for it, but the mapping is all done etc, so it's probably 1 week till finished.

Cheers - Mike

am said:
It's safe to brew all year round with a fridge ;) :p
[post="121333"][/post]​

the problem is when it rains- doesn't make brewing much fun, as I brew outside (yeah, I do it under a verandah, but it still makes it a degree miserable)

am said:
It's safe to brew all year round with a fridge ;) :p
[post="121333"][/post]​

Why do people have to post such insanely stupid childish things.

Obviously this is aimed at people who deal with the elements.

Wake up.

It's a waste of a thread to start with

post count not high enough?................wake up

I seriously doubt it and I'll guarentee that a fair few brewers shall get down brews because of it.

Not everyone has easy access to the upcomming forcastes.

I understand what you're saying but if people have access to the internet to read this forum, they can access weather forecast sites (eg: Bureau of Meteorology)

IDN10064
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
SYDNEY FORECAST
Issued at 8:30 am EST on Thursday 20 April 2006

Warning summary
Nil.

Forecast for Thursday
Fine and sunny. Fresh and gusty west to northwest winds turning
southwest late in the day.

Precis: Fine and sunny.

City: Max: 27 Parramatta: Max: 27
Terrey Hills: Max: 26 Penrith: Max: 27
Liverpool: Max: 27 Richmond: Max: 27

UV Index: 5 [Moderate]

Friday Fine day, evening shower. SW winds.
City: Min: 15 Max: 23
West: Min: 11 Max: 23

Saturday Early shower, then fine.
City: Min: 12 Max: 19
West: Min: 7 Max: 19

Sunday Fine. Mostly sunny.
City: Min: 11 Max: 21
West: Min: 7 Max: 21

Monday Shower or two.
City: Min: 12 Max: 21
West: Min: 8 Max: 21

Tuesday Shower or two.
City: Min: 13 Max: 22
West: Min: 9 Max: 22

Wednesday Shower or two.
City: Min: 13 Max: 21
West: Min: 10 Max: 22

The next routine forecast will be issued at 11:25 am EST Thursday

from www.bom.gov.au

I thought I wouldnt have a problem with a fermenter fridge.

Last week I went on a fishing trip on the barrier reef for 7 days & the stout that was fermenting in the fridge @ 18-20 deg looked like it had finished fermenting when i got home (had been fermenting for 3 weeks by this stage). SG 1020 :blink:

After wondereing all afternoon if the 1lt liquid starter i pitched wasnt enough I went out to get another beer about 10pm & it was 13 deg in the shed where the fridges are.

Ive had to swap the thermostat wiring to switch the heat lamp to get temps up at ale range at night now.

Anyway the stout should survive, I ended up dumping in a coopers dry yeast to be sure & upped the temp to 20-24 its been fermenting again for the last few days, should be about done now.

DJR said:
I personally for ales use a cooler bag with some bottles of ice changed morning and night, so doesn't matter really, but good to know the ice won't melt as fast!
[post="121521"][/post]​

A lot of brewers dont have the patience for that kind of stuffing around though especially if they work long hours.

I say stop bagging Drew. Hes perfectly entitled to start a brew related thread. If you are not interested in what he has to say then leave it at that. I also am not interested in the weather as I have my brewing temps sorted. You shouldnt bag a fellow brewer who is excited about the prospect of being able to put a few beers down because of the cooler weather.
Cheers :beer:
Steve

Thanks Steve.

Unfortunately todays proven me a liar and been a tad to warm.....

I've got a excellent kit and first time I am brewing with a different yeast and also adding the correct liquid malt for it dont want to stuff it so am waiting for a cool day to chuck it down.

Bloody weather men/women - you cant trust em!
Mate i think Ive said it before - get yourself to Kmart and grab a 100 can cooler bag for $30.00 - best $30.00 you'll ever spend. Freeze some 2 litre coke bottles. Put them in next to your fermenter. Bobs your uncle. I now have two and cant imagine brewing my ales without them. Have fun with your brew.
Cheers
Steve

He's not interested in them steve, read above.

I say stop bagging Drew.

Why not bag Drew, I remember some months back he had a go at AG brewers in one of his threads. Sauce for the goose etc.

Latest posts

Back