AHBs biggest Bargains. What have you scored?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand new Zip urn (read identical to Birko), for $63 on eBay 2wks ago. Not tested it yet but was told by the guy it worked - still has the wrapping on it!
That makes 3x 30L urns (other 2 were $80 & $70) I have, to cover the MLT, HLT and Kettle. 3V here we come!

Plus a perforated Aluminium pizza tray to attach bolts to as a snug false bottom. Picked up yday for $12 and a 5min drive to the wholesaler. Just gotta work out how to reduce it's diameter by 5mm...

Edit: plus lots of bottles from Yob, Manticle and DU99 - thanks guys, it's still greatly appreciated!! B)

Mardoo said:
BeerBelly false bottom from Fents for nix. Thanks mate!!!
It was YOU !

I PMd Fents 2 minutes after you did apparently, after he mentioned he had a spare.

I've been waiting for them to come back in stock on the BB website for ages. Patience....

13 packets of beer mix which I scored for $20 off Gumtree. I have never tried them, but for a redback I will make use of them

1438147211141.jpg

BottloBill said:
13 packets of beer mix which I scored for $20 off Gumtree. I have never tried them, but for a redback I will make use of them
I got some of these for $1 each when target cleared them out, let's just say the back lawn got quite a lot of beer out of it.

Might be worth using instead of dme for yeast starters.

Just picked up nearly full (like used maybe once or twice) containers of Starsan (1L) and PBW (1.8kg) for $25 from a buy swap sell page on facey
would've been $110 new from Craft Brewer :D

This little beauty caught my eye on the side of the road (hard rubbish pile) just around the corner from home.....Thankyou I'll take thatB)

1459667543214.jpg

Cant beleive its 2 years since I started this thread.

Recently bought something on ebay cost was $449 - tried to use a 5% off coupon code but it would work.

Wrote to Ebay - they apologised and said they would credit the 5% discount to my Paypal account in the next week.

Seems someone at ebay made a mistake in my favor.

What should have been a $22.45 credit has turned out to be a $224.50 credit just made.

looks like someone at ebay gave me 50% instead of 5%

Five cornies for $100, perfect condition, no seal leakage or the like. I'd call that a win

8 cans of Thomas Cooper IPA, Wheat, Sparkling Ale and 7 cans Thomas Cooper Australian Bitter = 31 cans with 2017 dates at $5 per tin. Out of Canberra (mtb) with free delivery to Adelaide. They were dented stock at a courier company and would suggest insurance issue.

All cans sound with no issues to date with quality.

2x industrial exhaust fans; "free" from the scrap metal pile at the local tip. Upon closer inspection, one has a blade missing and vibrates like a *******, the other must have a worn bearing because it also vibrates alarmingly. ....maybe I can make 1 out of the 2? maybe I'll get an electric shock? All I know is the price is right.

being thrown out Makita 6316D Cordless Drill needed a new battery.....works well ..also smaller model drill needed battery also

Bunnings for sure
Bought a 6 station electronic irrigation timer for the garden $22.50
Thought later I should get a spare at that price so I got a second $22.50
Told a friend about it the next day and he went to get one
They were marked $225.00

70L Blichmann mash tun, complete with false bottom, auto sparge arm and dial thermometer for $150. Blood brilliant pieve of kit.

I reckon is was good karma for the brewing stuff I gave away (bottles/quick disconnects/old 20L urn)

86 grolsch bottles for $40 with 2 bags of spare silicone seals

Latest posts

Back