AHBs biggest Bargains. What have you scored?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shop I work at has a bottle shop attached and my boss occasionally dustributes for commercial beer companies. He let me grab a couple of empty 50 Lt kegs for the princely sum of nothing.

Just scored this Birko immersion element for $20
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1400840721.502196.jpg

When I first started BIAB I scored a 20 litre urn from the FIL. Then when I made my 3V system I found a steel framed bench at work in the skip which I turned upside down, fitted castors to the bottom, fitted ply shelves and now have a great 3V brew stand.
image.jpg

Also scored a number of CO2 fire extinguishers when we moved premises at work which I'm still using on my kegerator. I have never paid for CO2 yet.

Our old mate Chappo, some years ago passed a plate chiller and regulator on to me for nicks. Gave me the reg to help get started in kegging, then later gave me his plate chiller as he was going over to no chill. Still using both.

Anyone remember Chappo?
Where are you Chappo?

Cheers,
Gavo.

Stacks of grolsch, free,
loads of coopers bottles, free,
70lt ali pot $40
120lt ali pot $90
1000lt tank and pump $70
There's more I'm sure..

Ooh.. Ed.. 2 andale florite taps $10 each
2 andale florite at a market, $2 each

I've given a shitload of stuff away over the years

$(KGrHqJ,!qQFJVtCKeu5BSZJz2DgT!~~48_20.JPG

got these 2 identical flooded fonts for $50, needed a clean up and slight repair, using 1 now on my keezer :)

I scored 7 corny kegs for NOTHING , 10 years ago...
A mate was working in a bottle shop and got talking to a customer who had given up brewing and was going to throw them out...these days you'd sell them on ebay..but this bloke just wanted them gone..
They ware still in very active service lol

Went to the tip today with the old man to get rid of some tiles and plaster. They had a little recycled goods shop on the side.

2x pint glasses
1x thick glass beer stein/mug
17x 200ml beer glasses
1x thick glass jug (the pub type)
1x glass washer commercial (those plunger type of things you use before it goes in the dish washer.
TOTAL $8

Just last night I stopped in at Manly Vale Dan Murphy's to pick up one of those Bridge Road 3x IPA and a Spiegelau IPA glass packs.

Unfortunately there were no packs left but there was a 1x Bridge Road IPA sitting next to the IPA glass on the Shelf.

I spoke to the manager who ended up charging me $2.45 for the IPA bottle (he scanned it in as a VB can) and gave me the glass for free.

Absolutely made my night.

IMG_1818.JPG

Stainless fridge, fits 4 cornies. $25bucks from EBay.
The tap and drip tray are off a fridge I got free from a fellow ahb member.

Of course I now have to buy more beer line, disconnects, taps(can't decide if I'm putting 3 or 4 taps on the front!), shanks, a manifold.....DSC_0649.JPG

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1408258201.251401.jpg

Just scored this SS bench with sinks. 3.3m long.

FOR NIX !!

Far out. Happy days.
Now I just need to build my brew cave so I have somewhere for it to go !

CF

Speaking of stainless sinks.. Ive got a laundry tub sink under the house someone can have for nix if anyone wants one

pickup Ringwood

Good day at the market for beer stuff

MrsGrumpy found an bought me this Hop Plant $4

IMAG0106.jpg

5 of these Cascade 400ml beer mugs $5

Box of 6 of these Matilda Bay 425ml glasses $5

IMAG0108.jpg

25 of these 285ml Carlton Draught glasses $5

IMAG0109.jpg

A big arse 25l Glass Demi john $30 (couldnt be bothered going out to the shed for a photo)

Computer fan and rare earth magnets for a stir plate

got these a few years ago. got rid of the large 50l bottle. Still have the 20l one (use it for starsan mix) and the 2 20l pyrex bottles. Haven't used the pyrex bottles yet been meaning to do a mead in them but just not got around to it.

100_4961_resize.JPG

Latest posts

Back