AHBs biggest Bargains. What have you scored?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just scored a free 8L kambrook urn from work because the thermostat/reset button seems to be dodgy
We lose 1 every year or 2 to the same issue, so I grabbed the latest one to die to see if I can rectify it
If I can get it working again it'll become a HERMs for my perpetually "almost finished " 3V setup

Aaaand it looks like some of the wiring is fried :/
Will have a look at replacing the thermostat, if that's a no go, in the bin it goes

*edit*
Nope, too much fried and I can't even be bothered
Will keep looking for another small urn :/

Quite a while ago I scored 4 working kegs for $120 off Gumtree. I rang at 6:45AM Saturday morning cause I knew people would be all over it.

His wife answered (cause the man was out walking) and I told her I'll take all the kegs and I'll be over in 30 minutes. I arrived at their house as he was getting home from the walk. Needless to say the wife had spent the morning answering the phone from all and sundry. He had 6 brand spanking new 23L kegs in his beer system so obviously wasn't short of coin.

4 x 20L kegs for free off a bloke who had taken over the slurpee contract with 7/11. yippe yiyo!

combined with a fully setup 2 tap kegerator with co2 bottle in a 5 yr old whirlpool fridge in perfect nick for $350 it was a bargain bottle-to-keg supercheap quantum leap.

Just picked up what i think is about a 60-70L stainless pot that's bloody heavy duty for $20

Can't complain with that!

4 tap, brand new, still in box, with taps, Lancer SS flooded font. $150 from a pub in surrey hills (via ebay) outdoor bar project didnt happen. Parkes put me onto it :)

4 x 22kg CO2 bottles, two full(with shrink wrap still on), two half full, $200, should have CO2 for life now. I don't know where they came from, I don't want to know, deceased estate is as much detail as I care for........

fraser_john said:
4 x 22kg CO2 bottles, two full(with shrink wrap still on), two half full, $200, should have CO2 for life now. I don't know where they came from, I don't want to know, deceased estate is as much detail as I care for........
I'm often happy with others' good fortune. I will make a sincere effort in this case as well. ;)

That's a SCORE in all caps.

fraser_john said:
woah.
That's awesome.

CF

If anyone is chasing Eco kegs, I just drove past 5 of them on the side of the road in ferntree gully
Cockerell st.
Off mcmahons rd.

Discussing with a friend news boyfriend regarding HB, he advised that he had a unused starter, beer kit that was descend for the bin, he asked I'd I wanted it. I was very happy to take it off his hands for nix. Hydrometer was smashed, Dex had harden, as the rest was fine. The goop is old, but might put it to brew.

Just hit up the local BWS... got the following beers with Best Before Dates of late Feb 15 -

12 x Lowenbrau, 18 x Karl Strauss Pintail, 32 x Sierra Nevada Pale, 2 x Atomic Pale, 2 x Sapporo 500ml cans, 4 x Becks 500ml cans, 4 x Larks Foot Golden, 2 x Strongbow Dry for the princely sum of $88.

Also hit Aldi and got 6 x Pils and 6 x Hefes for $15 each.

Enough to keep me and the moochers who come to the shed happy for a while... just when I was hoping to empty a keg or two as well. First world problems!

$20.00
Now to put it to use

1421566117564.jpg

slcmorro said:
Just hit up the local BWS... got the following beers with Best Before Dates of late Feb 15 -

12 x Lowenbrau, 18 x Karl Strauss Pintail, 32 x Sierra Nevada Pale, 2 x Atomic Pale, 2 x Sapporo 500ml cans, 4 x Becks 500ml cans, 4 x Larks Foot Golden, 2 x Strongbow Dry for the princely sum of $88.

Also hit Aldi and got 6 x Pils and 6 x Hefes for $15 each.

Enough to keep me and the moochers who come to the shed happy for a while... just when I was hoping to empty a keg or two as well. First world problems!

I thought you brewed beer?? Pretty cheap for that lot however

Tahoose said:
I thought you brewed beer?? Pretty cheap for that lot however
I do indeed. However at 30L + for around $100 or so considering the quality/variety/portability of the above, I think I'm still in front :)

Just because you brew doesn't mean you shirk the commercials/crafts or a great bargain.

I agree, pretty good bargain. I think the last 20 bottles of commercial beer that I have bought have cost me $200 plus..

I'm putting it down to research and development... :)

I got a kegerator, 2 FV and a keg for $250 and sold my old fridge for $150 same day.

I picked up a brand new 10 inch water filter and two 10 inch carbon filters, all still in plastic wrapping, all for $0.99 on ebay.

Scored a bargain on Gumtree

Hardly used 30L fermentor
Heat pad
PET bottles and bottling accessories

Bargain at $20

Latest posts

Back