Ahb Wiki: The No-chiller Method / Using A Cube

Discussion in 'AHB Resources (Wiki Topics)' started by Cortez The Killer, 18/6/08.

1. DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass

Posted 11/8/14
    You'd be removing one of the main anti infection benefits of cubing in pastuerisation. Needs to sit above 80C for a certain period. If down to 50C I think it would cool faster than the time required to ensure pastuerisation. There was a chart floating around with the e temps and times. You could maybe chill not quite as cold and find a happy medium to achieve your desired outcome?

2. TheWiggman

Haters' gonna hate

Posted 11/8/14
    That's what I was thinking. I Star San my cube anyway and don't store for any longer than 5 days.
    On a brew I did yesterday I measured the temp of the wort prior to hitting the cube and it was 67°C after whirlpooling. No chilling. The ambient air was around 8°C (typical of Orange over winter) so yes it did drop that much. I figured if it's going to have cooled down anyway I could force chill down to 70°C and remove one variable.

3. DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass

Posted 11/8/14
    Is an interesting concept. Very keen to hear the results! Be nice to get certainty around late hopping and no chill!

4. Slug

Posted 13/7/17
    The link to the article doesnt seem to work, can somone point me in the direction of it now?

Cheers

5. Cortez The Killer

HeCameDancingAcrossTheWater

Home Page:
    Posted 13/7/17
    mofox1 likes this.
  6. Slug

Posted 13/7/17