AHB Biggest Loser Challenge!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now ive just remembered what the whole point of that was, jeepers!

one of the "drive it home moments" for me was that we don't smoke when we are asleep, we don't eat - we might not do that stuff for 8 hours or whatever, so that says to me that it is NOT a body ~ er physiological? thing, it is a mind thing

this is my first ever lifestyle change with food, I think stopping smoking has maybe a bit in common with quitting some food

Feb weigh in 89.9kg. Diet still not in check and exercise has dropped off through amended routine. Will get that in order in the coming weeks.

Happy to maintain sub 90 this year. May even start brewing again.

We're doing a "biggest loser" at work with a $200 pot at the end for the winner after two months. Given me some motivation! I'm currently in the lead. A few people have actually put weight on which I found hilarious. I think I will be bagging the winnings in two months! Currently 100. Lost about 3-4 kilos in the last 4 weeks. Aiming for around 90 although I think I'll be lucky to lose that in 2 months but it's my medium term goal.

Weigh in today, down to 85.1 kg so it's coming off slowly but surely total of 6.6 kg.

Since November I have been on a Low Carb/High Fat diet. Mainly due to my insulin needs gradually creeping up (I have type 1 diabetes) and it has been great for weight loss as well as my blood sugar. I was inspired by the program on catalyst and a family friend who is diabetic and did the same.

I know need less than half the insulin I needed beforehand and have lost 7kg, this includes several relapses over xmas, NYE etc. And apart from the beer rationing (if only I could make a decent low carb beer) and no bread, I don't miss that much and never feel hungry. Also I have been a lazy ******* and not really exercised much.

I get to eat things like duck confit, salami, cheese, dark chocolate. Only hard part is trying to keep salt within reasonable levels.

78.3kg today, lost just over 18kg since October. Having better serving sizes and more exercise, cut out the desserts, 2 AFD, 2 days with limited beers and enjoy whatever beer I want on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You've still got to enjoy life

Bloody hell earle 18 kilo in 4 months is huge, that's a major effort.

Nice results Pat, the low carb diet is working well for me too, you must be over the moon with the improvement in your diabetes.

Weighed in yesterday and i'm down to 83.7 so that's an 8 kilo loss, more than happy with that.

Totally, I only need to inject once a day instead of four or five times.

AndrewQLD said:
Bloody hell earle 18 kilo in 4 months is huge, that's a major effort.

Nice results Pat, the low carb diet is working well for me too, you must be over the moon with the improvement in your diabetes.

Weighed in yesterday and i'm down to 83.7 so that's an 8 kilo loss, more than happy with that.

I have now had 2 lots of chemo, plus one more which was accompanied by 25 days of aggressive radiation therapy, lost weight during this but most of it was muscle mass, haven't been near a gym for almost a year but now I am back, had my 3rd session at the
gym today, appetite is back on track and so enjoying the workouts, though the first session was painful for a couple of days, broke a rib on Saturday (due to the radiation therapy making my bones brittle) but hasn't prevented the work out.
Loving the pain and confident of rebuilding the muscle loss.

Nice work WEAL, hope you're giving it your all.

I've dropped about 10kgs since leaving my last job 7 months ago. A loose diet has helped but the biggest influence for me is being a first year again. I don't stop moving all day and feeling the better for it.

Just finished my first tabata session after hearing about it and being told it couldn't work by a boot camper.
So without changing my diet or adding any other exercise let's see if it works.
I will add it nearly killed me on the spin bike lol

Down to a roll of 20cents on the gut. Twas a beach towel after christmas.

jimmy86 said:
Just finished my first tabata session after hearing about it and being told it couldn't work by a boot camper.
So without changing my diet or adding any other exercise let's see if it works.
I will add it nearly killed me on the spin bike lol
You can't out train a bad diet.

mje1980 said:
Sorry, go for it.
Thanks man,

I don't really give two hoots if it works it's really just a test to see if anything changes.
For four minutes a time I figured I had nothing to lose.... Except my beer gut

Haha I know if I do a few sessions of hiit on the bike a week I drop weight for sure. Sucks while you're doing it though

To all that have made the choice to lose weight. Good on you, being fit and healthy shows the world that you have self-respect, discipline and care about yourself/partner/kids. One of my biggest gripes is that people use beer as an excuse to be overweight or even as the infallible link to being overweight. I don't believe this. Never have, never will.

I have always been pretty fit and healthy but more importantly have always enjoyed drinking beer. At the moment I have returned from a long period travelling and am sitting around 79kg @ <10% bodyfat. My beer is about to come online in a couple of weeks and if there is interest or if anyone would find it helpful I will document my diet, exercise and weight for a month all whilst consuming a pint of beer a day. Kinda like a beer Supersize me. I expect at the end of that month to be 1 kg or so lighter with less bodyfat.

I want to share that you don't need to take much time out of your calculate your calorie requirements, prepare meals and exercise (you don't need a gym or anything, you need to set aside as little as 10 mins a day, 4 times a week). Oh it's also very cheap to eat healthy nutrient dense foods, a thing that is dear to the hearts of every homebrewer.

I'm no expert, just trying to help those that want to help themselves.

Latest posts

Back