Age Article - At $160 A Bottle, It's Beer, But Not As You Kno

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just flicked through the site, they also mention that the beer will stay fresh in their system for three days. I doubt that's enough time for skunking under a fluoro but is it really that much better than cracking a bottle or two of the fancy stuff each night?

Guess it's time to read up a bit more...

"Am I alone in thinking that at 40ish% ABV, a scotch would be a better employment of barley & alcohol?"

no your not :)

I am in agreement.Plus I really doubt I'd enjoy drinking such a beer.

Has anyone any tasting notes?

Any of the staff would be happy to tell you about the system and how it works if you want to go in a chat to them. Or ask me, whatever. Regardless of the vaults and their gimmickry, it's a nice place to buy a fancy beer to share with friends, or try something different.

Do you just crack open bottles & pour them in the tube?

Do you just crack open bottles & pour them in the tube?
I cant imagine so, as you'd loose a heap of the aroma volitiles as you poured as it nucleated/fizzed.

The deterioration rate of the beer is still being experimented with, there is a lot of variables to adjust. I work there ;)

Any of the staff would be happy to tell you about the system and how it works if you want to go in a chat to them. Or ask me, whatever. Regardless of the vaults and their gimmickry, it's a nice place to buy a fancy beer to share with friends, or try something different.

Considering that the reaction time for lightstrike to start (and it's an un-reversable reaction) is 2min then I'd advise you get your variables adjusted quite smartly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightstruck_b...ightstruck_beer

Cheers
Booz

Back