Ag Recipe Using Cluster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loikar

Reaction score
Anyone got a good recipe using mainly cluster they'd like to share?

I have had about half a kilo of it in the freezer for about 5 months and cant give the shit away.
Was going to make a stout with it, but with coming into summer, it's not easy to smash half a dozen stouts after work on a 30c day.
Well... it's not as easy as an APA or a pseudo lager.

Was thinking an English ale type thing, maybe with another 'C' hop and magnum or fuggles....
Either that or I just start using it for bittering all my brews until it's gone...

Cheers,

BF

I'll have it :icon_chickcheers:

I love it in my Aussie Gold

100L batch
12.0 kg BB Ale
2.0kg Wheat
0.5kg Aromatic or Caramunich (different but I like both styles)

80g Pride Of Ringwood 10.4% @ 60mins
80g Cluster 5.3% @ 20min

S189 (sometimes I use US-05 if I'm slack and have a yeast cake handy)

Serve cold, perfect on a hot day

QldKev

I used to make a Red Cluster Ale with 10% Caraaroma and 35 IBUs at one 15 minute addition. S04 yeast.

Mmmmmm.

100L batch
12.0 kg BB Ale
2.0kg Wheat

80g Cluster 5.3% @ 20min

QldKev

I have a similar recipe without the spec malt.

Can't remember exact amounts but aussie pale malt (pils or ale) with about 500g wheat for single batch. Around 5%abv with an FG of 1010-1008.

equal amounts cluster and PoR (fresher is better, flowers are best), bittering only to 30-35 IBU.

Coopers recultured yeast although lager yeast or 05 fermented low would work in a pinch. Good summer drinking beer or for friends/work colleagues who want you to brew a 'normal beer'. Last one had multiple workmates hassling me to sell them my beer (something I'm not even vaguely interested in).

I have a similar recipe without the spec malt.

Can't remember exact amounts but aussie pale malt (pils or ale) with about 500g wheat for single batch. Around 5%abv with an FG of 1010-1008.

equal amounts cluster and PoR (fresher is better, flowers are best), bittering only to 30-35 IBU.

Coopers recultured yeast although lager yeast or 05 fermented low would work in a pinch. Good summer drinking beer or for friends/work colleagues who want you to brew a 'normal beer'. Last one had multiple workmates hassling me to sell them my beer (something I'm not even vaguely interested in).

It's a good drinking simple beer, really nice in summer.

Mine started life as AndrewQld's Coopers Pale Ale, but the no sugar version
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=483

Then I got slack with the yeast and used dry yeast rather than CPA, so I threw in some Cluster to help finish it.

Idea stolen from his Aussie Ale
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=300

I need to get my hands on some good fresh Cluster flowers, cause they really make the beer.

QldKev

100L batch
12.0 kg BB Ale
2.0kg Wheat

80g Cluster 5.3% @ 20min

QldKev

only 80g of Cluster in a 100L batch?

Yeah, I have about half a kilo of the shit, so 600L to use it up is a bit of stretch....

I like the sound of the Aromatic in there though....

BF

Latest posts

Back