Aeration

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerRx4

Reaction score
My 2 micron diffuser stone rocked up today (Cheers Ross) & have been thinking of where I can get an oxygen cylinder & reg for least amount of $.

Then I realised I have the oxy/acetylene cylinders. Now does anyone know if theres a difference between Industrial o2 vs medicinal (or whatever is recommended) that would impact on wort aeration?

dredging this up -
I'm thinking of the oxycare system by BOC.
It's little medicinal travel around bottles of O2.
Anyone looked into this? The website is a shambles IMO so I'll have to show up to the local one and ask some questions I think.

My 2 micron diffuser stone rocked up today (Cheers Ross) & have been thinking of where I can get an oxygen cylinder & reg for least amount of $.

Then I realised I have the oxy/acetylene cylinders. Now does anyone know if theres a difference between Industrial o2 vs medicinal (or whatever is recommended) that would impact on wort aeration?

They are both the same,the 02 comes from the same storage tank,the only differance is the sticker on the bottle and your bill

Batz

I have used industrial grade O for all of my AG brewing and so far it hasn't caused me any issues. if I wanted to be really anal I could probably get a HEPA filter from one of the shops advertised on this page but havent bothered so far.

Yeah, industrial grade is fine. Like Batz says, they come from the same source.

They're just different bottles, medical for hospitals and geezers who need air, and industrial for burning stuff. Same oxygen.

I used to use industrial grade with a filter (just because I had one).

oxy_airation.jpg

sam

so you dip your stone and tube in sanitiser and give it a blast for a few minutes?

Yeah all good, Have been using the o2 from the oxy/acet rig for the last 3 or so brews. Need a real low pressure or its foam city within seconds.

I have been using phos acid to sanitise & thoroughly wash in water after use.

Ive been meaning to ask how others store their diffuser stone. I tried leaving it in a cup filled with idophur but after a few days, it just gets scum layer around the tubing. if i leave it out in the air, it just seems to get 'dirty'. i have mine attached to an aquarium pump. I always clean it before in hot water with iodophor.

Store mine in a ziplock bag. After use rinse in hot water and connect to pump for a minute to blow out residue then air dry and store in said bag. :D

Latest posts

Back