Adelaide Hbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel.lear

Reaction score
Guys and Girls,

I've just moved to Adelaide from Newcastle and was wondering where my nearest good quality HBS that stocks fresh kits, hops and grain is. I'm located in Golden Grove.

Cheers and beers

Leary

Guys and Girls,

I've just moved to Adelaide from Newcastle and was wondering where my nearest good quality HBS that stocks fresh kits, hops and grain is. I'm located in Golden Grove.

Cheers and beers

Leary
Look up brewmaker at Holden Hill,approx 15 min drive from you down North East road towards the city.
Bill and Luke are very helpful and good blokes to boot.

not affiliated,just a long time satisfied customer

Fantastic, I will be living in holden hill in 5 weeks or so and and very happy to hear there is a good brew shop well withing Distance.

Cheers Brauluver.... :beer:

HK

I'll second what brauluver said and put in a good word for brewmaker at holden hill as a good quality HBS thats close to you.

Jayse

I'd agree with Brauluver, Brewmaker at Holden Hill is the only real choice for the NE suburbs. There is a brewcraft store at Salisbury Plain, but they mainly cater for the essential oil fraternity. Brwcraft also have kits but staff can't provide the great advice that Bill and co at Brewmaker are able to.

and there's a guitar store just down the road if you want to perv at music stuff. that's probably just Jayse and me that do that tho :)

i vote for Bill too!

It's not super close but don't forget Grumpy's and the fact that Voosher and Brad are revitalising the brew shop.

I Vouch fro Bill at Holden Hill...

Gives the Barossa Brewers Club Members discount and top deals.

Guys and Girls,

Cheers and beers

Leary
As Aaron has stated, don't forget Grumpy's at Verdun I frequent there at least around once a month for a bit of a talk and advice + their wood fired pizza's aren't bad either. But Brewmaker at Holden Hill is good and there kits are just that little cheaper than Grumpy's. :party:

From what I have seen on the forum, the Adelaide guys seem to be well organised at buying/splitting bulk buys of grain/hops/yeast/stubby holders/coasters/stickers etc...........

Maybe you won't have to rely too heavily on a HBS at all?

festa.

it's our state sport UF, tightarse bulk buys :) i love em!

I'm in Campbelltown so use the Holden Hill HBS for all my K&K stuff EXCEPT hops. Always a tad wary when hops are stored on a shelf and not in a fridge...... but the lads there are full of great info/ideas and correct all my dodgy recipes :p - after getting a lovely package in the mail from Ross i can recommend buying hops from craftbrewer!

I have had good service from holden hill with bill and grumpys in the past and lots of bulk buys

I'm in Campbelltown so use the Holden Hill HBS for all my K&K stuff EXCEPT hops. Always a tad wary when hops are stored on a shelf and not in a fridge...... but the lads there are full of great info/ideas and correct all my dodgy recipes :p - after getting a lovely package in the mail from Ross i can recommend buying hops from craftbrewer!

Ill second that about the hops.

Also with the dried yeast, i dunno if your supposed to store em in the fridge as well, but they dont....

Just thought I would put this up. What is the Holden Hill Brewmaker store like these days? It is just around the corner from my place and will be handy to grab some supplies from.

Cheers, Pok

Have to put a word in for Beerbelly , I have only started using them since i got back brewing but they have good gear and good prices and very fast delivery worth a go

Not affiliated

AW

Guys, check out Holden Hill shop then visit Beerbelly at u4 12 Mc Gogan St Pooraka. Not far from you. Look at his Web site, he stocks it all and is a fine fabricator of brewing gear, service and prices are very good.Wayne is his name. No connection with the store but have found him to be the best. My two bobs worth.

While Beerbelly is a great store, the OP asked for a place that stocks kits, and Beerbelly does not.

Happy Beerbelly customer, and I drive there from the south of Adelaide, about a 2 1/2 hour round trip. I just make sure I buy enough grain for several brews to make the drive worthwhile, but looking at the stainless bling on display is an adventure in itself. Not affiliated.

Crundle

Latest posts

Back