Adelaide Hbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne at Beerbelly You can not go past him, he has moved a few streets east, his address is as above reply.

While Beerbelly is a great store, the OP asked for a place that stocks kits, and Beerbelly does not.

P&C,

The OP did also post this topic about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I was just wondering if the reports for this store at Holden Hill are still positive. I will be going to beerbelly for grain etc but would also like to be able to pick up the odd kit, fresh wort cube and the emergency hop etc if need be. Thus the question.

Anyway any feedback on this store would be great.

Cheers, Pok

huh, I didn't notice the necroposting.

There's been no change that I can see at Bill's place over the past two years.

Im another to recomend Brewmaker at Holden Hill on North East road! The two guys there are top blokes and always give good advice!

Strange to see noone has mentioned the Jovial Monk out at Unley, He taught me everything there is to know when I was starting out, he is a wealth of information. That's before GMK showed me that anyone one can AG :p

For K&K supplies its Brewmaker and for AG supplies and everything else in between its Beerbelly.

Mind you I haven't K&Ked for around 3 years

Strange to see noone has mentioned the Jovial Monk out at Unley,
Mind you I haven't K&Ked for around 3 years

Yes I must admit that as well. I know a few AG'ers who don't speak that highly of him either. But all that aside I have been there a few times prior to Beerbelly becoming available on the North side of Adelaide. I found him (JM) to be a different character but none the less helpful. He does look like he has been put through the ringer a bit though :mellow: . He is a past / current member on AHB from the earlier days ( a bit before my time) but has not been on the forum years. Anyway if you are on the South side of Adelaide it would not hurt to drop in and give him a go. Form your own opinion.

BYB

Yes I must admit that as well. I know a few AG'ers who don't speak that highly of him either. But all that aside I have been there a few times prior to Beerbelly becoming available on the North side of Adelaide. I found him (JM) to be a different character but none the less helpful. He does look like he has been put through the ringer a bit though :mellow: . He is a past / current member on AHB from the earlier days ( a bit before my time) but has not been on the forum years. Anyway if you are on the South side of Adelaide it would not hurt to drop in and give him a go. Form your own opinion.

He is close by to me, I dont venture there often nowadays though.

(He is on the banned AHB list as I understand - well before my time too!).

Not sure on his amount of stock or shelf age though. He does do plenty of kits n bits though and can make up partials in quick time with a call before hand.

Also does anyone in Adelaide sell fresh wort kits?

Also does anyone in Adelaide sell fresh wort kits?

I've seen them at BrewCraft on South Road but I can't vouch for their freshness....

Will be trying BeerBelly for my next batch.
Does anyone use the BeerBelly delivery service or do you all pick it up from them directly?

{edit: spelling}

Give Wayne a call 72254555 at beerbelly, he has all the gear and goodies.

He is close by to me, I dont venture there often nowadays though.

(He is on the banned AHB list as I understand - well before my time too!).

Not sure on his amount of stock or shelf age though. He does do plenty of kits n bits though and can make up partials in quick time with a call before hand.

If you search for 'crystal' in his username you'll find some interesting discussion.

Or the brew store in Holden Hill just up from the Police Station iirc.

That's Bill's place :)

I just can't resist posting a rumplestiltskin joke.

Whats the difference between The Jovial Monk and a scud missile?

Nothing they are both offensive and inacurate!

I've seen them at BrewCraft on South Road but I can't vouch for their freshness....

Will be trying BeerBelly for my next batch.
Does anyone use the BeerBelly delivery service or do you all pick it up from them directly?

{edit: spelling}

Andrew,

I had them deliver out to Murray Bridge and it was here the morning after they sent it, nearly as impressive as BB's service.
No affiliation etc, just another happy customer!

Cheers and Beers

Robbo

I would recommend getting it sent to you. IIRC its only $6 postage, and if you order early enough you can get same day postage (i.e. same day delivery for adelaide residents). Saves me the 50-60 min round trip out there, even though I enjoy the drive and the shop.

Cheers
Phil

I like the monk but he just never had the grain I wanted, I always had to compromise. He is eccentric which doesn't bother me. But for variety and lovely service you've gotta go with Beerbelly.
I get it delivered. I calculated the trip to pooraka and back costs me $7 in petrol alone so the APD charge is worth it.

SWMBO prefers the monk because he has charity chocolate and she reckons wayne talks to much! :lol:

I like the monk but he just never had the grain I wanted, I always had to compromise. He is eccentric which doesn't bother me. But for variety and lovely service you've gotta go with Beerbelly.
I get it delivered. I calculated the trip to pooraka and back costs me $7 in petrol alone so the APD charge is worth it.

SWMBO prefers the monk because he has charity chocolate and she reckons wayne talks to much! :lol:

That's interesting, cos I always thought it was hard to leave the Monk's shop - he talks alot as well. :lol:

The monk's ok - eccentric and has an opinion on everything, but not a bad bloke. His stock is limited though which is why I'll be giving beerbelly a go. They're website is impressive, so can't wait to see the actual shop.

I wonder if the Jovial Monk still reads this forum?

snipped>
They're website is impressive, so can't wait to see the actual shop.

It wouldn't be very hard to put up a better website then jovial monks, although to his credit I just noticed his prices are reasonble, that is proberly due to the tough competion around now which keeps such things as hop prices as low as possible.

Latest posts

Back