Acid titration kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeastfridge

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm keen to do some titrations to test the acidity of my cider and cider vinegar. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a brew shop either in Sydney or online where I can get an acid titration kit?
In these forums people have said "wine-maker and brewing shops sell them" but no one has mentioned an actual shop and I've done some searching and can't find any...

Any good homebrew shop should have them. Online grain and grape or ibrew certainly do.

If you are in the north of Sydney, I'm 90% sure that asquith home brew sells them. You can check online...

Grain and Grape don't have it online, nor does Asquith (just in case anyone is wondering). ibrew does so ordered it from them. Thanks Airgead.

Well.. one out of three ain't bad...

I'm sure I have seen them at Asquith before . Might just be out of stock.

Yep, I'm on burette no.2 also. Trying to be superman and carry the entire contents of my boot at once was not such a good idea it turns out! I cherry picked the items I needed from the kits too rather than buy the whole lot as really it is aimed more at winemakers than cidermakers.

These lads have the full pro stuff in Sydney if your keen. I bought some test tubes from them a while back.
www.labsupply.com.au/ So your assessing the acetic acid % of your vinegar? What % do you think is good for table vinegar's? I remember testing some at uni to compare brands they were all around 8%.

Latest posts

Back