A Pleasant Surprise

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelTearsOnMyTongue

Reaction score
I recently had to visit Bairnsdale for some work which included staying overnight in a lonely cold Motel. I had been invited to dinner at the home of the bloke I was working with and He and his wife and I shared a bottle of nice wine, but as I headed back to my Motel I had a hankering for a beer (surprisingly!!).

I was getting a little dejected at the thought of only getting some mega swill, and worse still was finding all the pubs closed (11ish I guess). Having been denied a takeout from the empty RSL (Not a member) the barman said I could try the ??? hotel which would still be open but would probably have to go into a bar. This hotel was down a side street a big beautiful old, but empty pub.

I was surprised to see the tiny drivethrough was open and I asked the bloke what beers he had.
"What are you after" he enquired.

Without much hope I said "I dont suppose you have anything outside the normal range of CUB etc"

He says " Actually we have this giftpack of six different beers from a local brewery"

He passes me a nice gold box with six "Grand Ridge Brewery" beer. Ya beauty!

Pilsener
Pale Ale
Wheat
Nut brown (lite)
Golden Ale
Stout.

Geez it was a pleasant surprise and I retired to my now warmer room and watch a couple of movies while being a brew tourist at the same time.

Lifes little surprises.

:party: :)

Latest posts

Back