Healesville Micro brews?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigwilk

Reaction score
Just came back from a weekend up Healesville way and visited the White rabbit brewery, quiet an impressive looking set up. I tried their beers and was a little bit taken back, pretty average to poor would have been the score card. Then went just down the road to Buckley's brewery and bought a mixed six pack and drank them over the course of the weekend. Once again nothing there I would be going back for in a hurry, I don't mean to sound like a grumpy hard ass ******* but my brewing experience with all grain brewing has only been for two years and I have brewed a lot of recipes from Jamil Zainasheffs Brewing Classic Styles book and had the finished beer on tap from my kegerator, they have all tasted bloody great really well balanced recipes. I think there is a lot to be said about recipe formulation and I don't know why or how these guys with all the big bling equipment can be so far of the mark. Maybe its just me but I'm a little surprised to find that I'm brewing better tasting beer in my garage than what these blokes are with the equipment. Interested to hear someone else's feedback on their experience around Healesville way. Cheers.

I've been up to White Rabbit dude.
Did you try the belgian pale ? I thought that was awesome.
Its a shame the brews did not impress you, what can you say, everyone has different tastes I guess.

I event been to Buckleys but have heard good reports.

Hargreaves Hill in Yarra Glen do very nice beers too.

CF

Yeah mate tried the Pale. Was with four other mates and nobody wanted a second pot.

White Rabbit make good beers, but they are a little restrained in the flavour department. When I visited the brewery they only had their white ale and dark ale on tap, have yet to try anything else from them.

Had the buckleys dark bock at willy beer feat and it was horrible. Tipped it out after one sip

This is what I felt like when I went to red hill, a pilsner that was cloudy?? Most of their beers were average, but I did like the red scotch ale..

Wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend ..

Latest posts

Back